The Haystache thread!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I went out to feed my does today I was very surprised to find one with a huge furstache. Of course, I didn't have the camera, and by the time I had been to get it she had deposited the stache in the nest.

So here is the start of furstache number two and a video of her pulling her fur.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0j4vPKHr64&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Here is Kookaburra, my young chestnut doe getting ready for her first litter... (Sorry, not a great pic - taken with my cell phone and she was moving a ton)

KookyWithAHaystache.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my 3 1/2 week old kits. I have never seen a kit building a nest. She even grunted at her siblings until her nest was perfect. Then they all cuddled together. Was so cute to watch. I hope this means she will be a great mom.

Attachments

• 2014-03-07 20.52.22.jpg
    2014-03-07 20.52.22.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3,018
SANY0075_zpsd656da21.jpg

Here is one of my does with a wonderful haystache! This was actually taken after I had taken the nest box out as she never had a litter. She was running around the cage looking for a place to put this mouthful :lol: I was sad that both girls weren't pregnant, but maybe this time! :) Haystache.JPG

So Alice , who has not produced in a year..... has a Hayshache tonight! WOO HOO.

She is the lone survivor of my original herd beginning a year ago. I bred her three days in row starting on Monday 03/03/2014, by the third day I seen him finally "fall off and thump" I have tried palpation once every week since and honestly I don't feel anything.

Should I put the box where I seen her scratching and putting her "stache"? I wasn't planning to give it to her until next week. Her eating has really slowed down in the last two days.

Attachments

• AliceHay.jpg
    AliceHay.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,979
LoraAnnIN":3djlayuz said:
So Alice , who has not produced in a year..... has a Hayshache tonight! WOO HOO.

She is the lone survivor of my original herd beginning a year ago. I bred her three days in row starting on Monday 03/03/2014, by the third day I seen him finally "fall off and thump" I have tried palpation once every week since and honestly I don't feel anything. :)

Should I put the box where I seen her scratching and putting her "stache"? I wasn't planning to give it to her until next week. Her eating has really slowed down in the last two days.

I would put the nest box in- you can never be to safe :)

beckyhuff314":3k065p84 said:
Here is a pic of one of my 3 1/2 week old kits. I have never seen a kit building a nest. She even grunted at her siblings until her nest was perfect. Then they all cuddled together. Was so cute to watch. I hope this means she will be a great mom.

That is SO cute!! I dont have any haystache pictures but I'll have to get some when I'm expecting my next litters mid September

beckyhuff314":17skv4aj said:
Oh that is so cute!!! I've never heard of a little kit doing that!

Not a haystache, but I thought it was cute anyway! I caught her in the middle of pulling fur for the nest. Turns out that as soon as she put it in the box she gave birth to 7 kits.

Attachments

• Furstache.jpg
    Furstache.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 4,037
Too stinking cute!!!

__________ Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 am __________

They are all sooo cute! Im hoping to get some good pix when my "Lane" builds her nest sometime in the next week or so!! :popcorn:

Back