Need help developing a recipe idea

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeenutdesigns

Reaction score
Since my brothers will all be here for the holidays and they always loved rabbit when we were kids and have been excited to get some now that I am raising them, I thought I'd make a little treat for Christmas. I am almost out of rabbit and my biggest babes probably won't be processing size by Christmas, and if they are, not sure I'll have time to do it. Anyway, I do have 2 bags of "tenders" that I like to use to make strips.

What I'm thinking, though, is a little rabbit nugget wrapped in bacon. I thinking of cutting bite sized chunks, wrapping in a thick cut smoky bacon. Do you think it will need seasoning, marinade, or maybe brushing some bbq sauce? I probably won't fire up the grill for just a little appetizer, so I will just bake them in the oven. Has anyone done this and what is your best result? I'm in TX so thought of maybe adding some jalapeno to some for the grownups and some without for my mom and the kids.

I've done this with beef and chicken. Beef turns out great because it can be rare in the center. Chicken...not so much. It always gets tough. If you can figure it out, please share! I'd love to do it without making shoe leather. =)

Latest posts

Back