Welcome!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Sgt. Schultz " I know NOTHING!!"...about showing rabbits. My only rock hard knowledge about it is that you need to tatoo the ear for identification. And the kids in 4H have enormous fun but are extremely serious about it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your showing results, and the good and the bad with show rabbits. AND...why do you show? I know why I used to show horses..I was an extreme competitor and an adrenalin junky (3day eventing and show jumping did that to me!) but I don't imagine there's a whole lot of "i could lose my LIFE going over that jump" in showing rabbits. Although, since I haven't done it, I could be wrong!

Why do I show?

it's fun.

I'm a total loser at this point but I go because
1. I like learning stuff
2. I like meeting new people.
3. It's fun to see what I'm doing right, and to learn what I could possibly do better.

I don't always know the right questions to ask.
I don't always know the best people to talk to.

But I figure overall, I'll learn things and then it's all good.

I show my rabbits because it is the thrill of competition, but I also like the friendly atmosphere. Another reason is to be sure my rabbits continue to conform to the breed standard. A judge's opinion can give me guidance.

I like the idea of a judge giving you feedback

I will probably never have the time nor the quality of bunnies to show though

I've only been showing rabbits for just over a year now, so I'm still pretty new at it too.

It's a nice relaxing day out, I get to talk to other breeders and cheer them on when they do well. I usually go with a friend who I don't see too often otherwise, so we get to yak all day about rabbits (and goats and horses!). It's nice to get feedback from the judges and see if you're moving in the right direction - although the judges rarely agree. :?

It's a lot less work than showing horses, or even goats - although that's pretty relaxing too.

oh thats good to know - after showing horses and dogs (agility and a little obedience) I think relaxing might be a good thing ;)

maybe I'll try a fall fair next year

Back