Speaking of Angoras... Margie has a haystache!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
Margie my angora, who I thought probably couldn't be bred by my angora buck since he is paralyzed, is nesting!

So she either is pregnant or thinks shes pregnant!

1395113_10201611929594775_153874509_n.jpg

Instead of pulling her own fur she is pulling Richards, her mate. Sigh. Poor Richard, he is happily taking it since he loves to get any sort of attention from her.

dayna":1tia9vtg said:
Instead of pulling her own fur she is pulling Richards, her mate.

Margie knows we will all be clamoring for popple pics, and she wants to look her best in the photos. ;)

dayna":337mohy1 said:
Instead of pulling her own fur she is pulling Richards, her mate. Sigh. Poor Richard, he is happily taking it since he loves to get any sort of attention from her.

LOL if Denali were here he'd tell Richard to keep trying for some smoochies; Willow used to hate him when she thought she was pregnant and finally she caved into his big Hershey eyes! :lol:

Now Margie is humping poor Richard. He just sits there and takes it. He says "crazy pregnant hormones!".

She's got a nest full of hay and fur, I don't think she can fit much more "stuff" in there. I hope there are babies soon!

Poor Richard!

You do realize that he'll breed her as soon as she kindles, if not during? It might be best to separate them at least until the popples are born... after all, he got the job done once, so he will likely do it again. :mrgreen:

You really think he will? He's running away from her now. I just hate to separate them at this point. He can't go into a wire cage so I'd have to move her, right before she kindles.

Maybe I could put some wire and divide the cage so he can still see her but not breed her? And neither of them have to be moved out of the cage. The aviary they are in is 6 feet wide, 10 feet long so they'd each get a 5x6 area.<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 pm __________<br /><br />She has quite the nest going. Just no babies yet!

1425514_10201622028727247_469719199_n.jpg

You need to divide them.
If you use a wire divider, make sure there are no small holes.
Actually 2 panels, a couple of inches apart would be the best idea.
She could back up to the wire and the male could breed her.
I watched a doe do this and thought wow, now I seen it all.

The doe needs some quiet time.
Nice start of a nest :)

Don't most people in colonies just leave the buck and does together? Isn't this the same as a colony?

Always learning something new :)

Margie is adorable! Love her nest. Lets hope to see some popples!

CochinBrahmaLover":16v19kci said:
Don't most people in colonies just leave the buck and does together? Isn't this the same as a colony?

Always learning something new :)

Margie is adorable! Love her nest. Lets hope to see some popples!

Only if you want more that soon after.

I'm eagerly waiting too!

Since they live together, I have NO IDEA when she could be due.... But building a nest is a good sign right?

I have another doe nesting, that's been coupled with a buck in another aviary. I hope they have babies soon!

Will the bucks kill or eat the babies if they are around them? My bucks seem so gentle. The one that just started nesting today, the BUCK is nesting too?! He's digging up and carrying roots (MEN) and putting them in the nestbox.

Back