Easter and Pet Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell at Easter but I have a waiting list so it is not on a whim. Some people do plan ahead but want to actually deliver the rabbit on a specific day - birthday, easter etc...

People who call the day (or even 7 days) before and want a rabbit for tomorrow get put on a waiting list, about 50% follow through and get their bunny a month or two later so there is hope for humanity.

I actually prefer to sell bunnies in the fall and winter since I know people are indoors more and the rabbit will likely get more attention. I really grill buyers who want a summer rabbit and ask about vacation plans, winterizing outdoor housing or bringing the bunny inside etc...

Has anyone done rent-a-bunny for Easter? As in, advertising your rabbits for "rent" instead of sale, but on a basis that they can decide to keep the bunny if it ends up being a permanent pet.

Though unfortunately I can imagine there being a lot of ill informed people being against this because moving the rabbits to temporary homes would be considered 'inhumane.'

But it would provide people with an alternative to impulse buying bunnies for Easter, which would be better for the rabbits overall.

Jackelope":1jb0c4id said:
Has anyone done rent-a-bunny for Easter? As in, advertising your rabbits for "rent" instead of sale, but on a basis that they can decide to keep the bunny if it ends up being a permanent pet.

Though unfortunately I can imagine there being a lot of ill informed people being against this because moving the rabbits to temporary homes would be considered 'inhumane.'

But it would provide people with an alternative to impulse buying bunnies for Easter, which would be better for the rabbits overall.

I see what your saying... this would just be a risk if you have invested a lot into your herd and they pick up something while they are away and bring it back home.

I'm planning on going to put down handful of returns probably this weekend because people purchased about a year or two ago and seem to be having problems (supposedly) from allergies and moving. It's hard seeing pets that I have have sold, completely sweet and tame, being returned because the new owners lacked the understanding (I guess) that rabbits MOLT and they need maintenance to live indoors ( I try to let them know that they can live outside perfectly fine!)

Sometimes I want to send a veteran bun over to give them a taste of a rabbit out of the "cute stage".

I know I wanted to slap someone today after getting a message from a lady that was inquiring about some babies...."claiming" she read the sales agreement page.....and asking all the questions that are answered on it :evil:

The only way to find the Available Rabbits page & Contact page now is to read the sales agreement page. When people email me about the rabbits available I just tell them to look again because the links are right next to each other. How do you miss these things if the only way to contact me is to read the page and click the links? People amaze me.

Back