What do I do about young jerk of a bunny??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, doing better overall but he is biting when his legs pop, so we have now decided to have him seen by her vet... I really hope we get this figured out... :/

Sounds like he is in LOTS of pain. Sure hope you get him sorted out, he really is splendly cute.

KatzNetherlands":2u6e48o3 said:
Well, doing better overall but he is biting when his legs pop, so we have now decided to have him seen by her vet... I really hope we get this figured out... :/

Kinda sounds like hip displacement ... common in some breeds of dog and they can react in much the same way.

Never heard of it in rabbits but then again my experience is very limited.

So update on Mandarin... She took him to the vet, the vet thinks part of his attitude is hormonal, and the other part is pain. He has a hurt shoulder area(she said unsure if it is just a wierd defect or if he injured it)...
His owner, my friend, can't afford to have the procedures done just yet(will cost her around $250!), but after the first of the year, he will be going in for x-rays, neutering and shoulder fixing! She said she would get a picture of the x-ray if she can... In the meantime, he is on meds for pain and being kept away from all other bunnies to reduce stress... Hopefully he will be feeling better and up to his old sweet self soon...

$250 is really reasonable for all of that. Her friend is really giving her a great deal. :D

I hope it works and he becomes as sweet as he looks again! :clover:

Thanks me too... I know it is a good deal - she does too. I just hope it solves his problem... He is too cute of a bunny to be acting like such a snot! LOL

Back