I want some of these

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you, Trinity... Those kinder kids are just about the cutest things and it sounds like they are the ideal goats for the homesteader. Mmmmm... Think of the yogourt and goat cheese and so forth one could make!

I gotta say, I find it hard to believe that Kinders can produce that much milk. :? A good Saanen will produce 4-6 litres of milk, and they are known for high milk production. Nubians generally do not produce at that level, and Pygmies certainly don't, so how a cross of the two could . . .

They are cute - always liked "airplane ears" (although not on my registered goats! :p )

MaggieJ":260xi8nv said:
I agree with you, Trinity... Those kinder kids are just about the cutest things and it sounds like they are the ideal goats for the homesteader. Mmmmm... Think of the yogourt and goat cheese and so forth one could make!
And soap! If I can't get my family to drink goats' milk, I can always make cheese and soap out of it!

My kids used to go through 7-8 gallons of milk per week. Now they hardly touch the stuff, except to drink with chocolate desserts, and the two youngest will usually eat cereal with milk in the mornings. We might get through one gallon per week now.

Back