Bacon Wrapped Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple juice is great with rabbit, Sky, but be sure to dilute it unless you are just using a splash or two for moisture. Too much may make the dish quite sweet, as OGG found out. Some herbs like sage or rosemary go well with rabbit cooked in apple juice and a bit of garlic if you like it. :)

Just made this recipe, it was our first time having rabbit...AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!! Hubby asked if I can put this into the rotation. We all ate to the point that we couldn't move, SOO good, ( suprised how much meat was on our rabbit!)And really easy to make.

I had to wing a few things as usual I didn't have stuff in the house:

We ran out of wine...so just had a spash to put in the mushroom paste.
I used a "sweet with heat" mustard as I didn't have any dijon.
Had to use bbq skewers as I evidently don't have toothpicks.
cooked at 375 C for 1.5 h and then broiled uncovered for 10 minutes.

For the sauce I used onions( no leeks) and shallots, goat milk ( no cream in the house).
My sauce needed something as my substitues weren't as strong flavoured, so I added some parmagian romagio. With the cheese it rocked.
I think it would have had a much stronger more delicious taste with the leeks.

Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

Thank you so much. This meal was very stressful for me. Hubby thinks the rabbits are useless, so it was important that he was impressed with our first time eating rabbit. Just makes life SO much easier now as he want's it again and loved that the kids devoured it. So now I have an excuse to keep the rabbits :) Yay!!

I'm so glad it worked out for you! It really is yummy. :) <br /><br /> __________ Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 pm __________ <br /><br /> Was just sharing this with a friend and now I have to make it again. OMG it was soooo nummy.

Latest posts

Back