Genetics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohen Rabbitry

Reaction score
Ok, so obviously I should have done more research on this whole genetic thing...but I couldn't understand it so I gave up. Can anyone tell me any good websites or books that could help the dumbest person ever (me) learn about genetics and is easy to read and understand.

Thanks
Rachel

Tell me about it, two minutes into it my head starts spinning and I start having flashbacks of algebra class. There is a small fortune to be made off of Rabbit Genetics for Dummies if someone writes it.

ChopSuey":2dq695eb said:
Tell me about it, two minutes into it my head starts spinning and I start having flashbacks of algebra class. There is a small fortune to be made off of Rabbit Genetics for Dummies if someone writes it.

TOTALLY! The thing is that I am really good with algebra, calculus, etc...but maybe it is how you have to read it that makes it confusing to me. I dunno, I seem to be getting no where.

Rachel

Great links, Pfaubush! I need help getting my head around the whole bunny color genetics thing, too.

It's as easy as A_B_C_D_E_W_Si
oh, but don't get me started on pattern genetics, as many of those also modify color.....
and where the hell does the ticking come from in a self? or is it a modified agouti and not a true self???
see fun.

If individual hairs have bands it has an agouti gene even if it lacks other signs. However the Es gene will cause steel grey tipping which might be what you are calling ticking.

Latest posts

Back