Upcomming cold

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we only got a light dusting of snow but that wind is cold brrr. Right now its 8 degrees feels like -11 The weather channel said today that its warmer in Alaska then it is in Tennessee. I dont mind the snow but this cold stuff is to much.
I got the cages wrapped so helpfully the heat will stay in with the buns better. Im so glad there in a barn though because it is at least a bit warmer in there.

Heat bricks , wrap in a towel or felt, and use them as a heat source inside the cages. There is a pro=duct called "Snuggle Safe" that can be warmed in the microwave, and placed under a nest or animal--we used them at the wildlife rehab center.. THEN I figured out a few days ago-- those Hand, toe, foot warmers that last for up to 12 hours (depending on how much oxygen they are exposed to) would be an excellent way to keep small animals warm. The heat is generated by a reaction that occurs between the contents and air-- I don't use them directly against my skin, because they will burn, but reducing air exposure keeps them from getting too warm... Oh, the contents are simple elements, like aluminum and copper--

Terry

Terry, can you posta link to the products? I am not familiar with them.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am __________<br /><br />Gad! I just googled SnuggleSafe. Looks like a great product but $45 each or $55 with cover? Not until I win the lottery!

MaggieJ":iaew5dvt said:
Terry, can you posta link to the products? I am not familiar with them.

__________ Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am __________

Gad! I just googled SnuggleSafe. Looks like a great product but $45 each or $55 with cover? Not until I win the lottery!

Try www.upco.com for a better price on the Snuggle Safe-- and forget the cover-- use an old terrycloth towel!!! I have been dealing with UPCO since 1982-- I like their service and willingness to help find products. And while an individual product may be more expensive than at another business-- my overall cost is always lower...
I get my hand and toe warmers at convenience stores, outfitters, (like Gander Mountain) even Wal=mart and my local grocery store. I even found some at AutoZone last month...

Back