So I have this snail....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixFarm

Reaction score
yes, a snail...
I pulled it from the fish tank at the rehab center about 2 months ago. boy, is it growing fast. either it laid eggs, or one of the plants I pulled also had eggs on it--sonow, there are maybe four snails in mylittle tank.
Anyway, For a couple days I did not see Slick- it has to come up for air evey few hours. Well- I wiped down the counter and heard this little 'pebble roll' sound. Sure looked like a dried up Slick to me :(
I tossed Slick back into the tank, and like a dried up sponge getting wet, all te soft parts swelled up (so it would seem) In about 5 minutes Slick was gliding about the gravel, doing his snail thing.
LAst week, I threw a chuck of dog biscuit in the tank. Now that it has swelled and floated to the surface, gotten kinda icky looking, the snails are loving to feed on it

I never thought I would marvel at the growth rate of a snail... :lol:

Hey-- don't give me any more story ideas-- I already have too many that need to get put on paper!!!<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 am __________<br /><br />
DevonW":1bhdngtq said:
I want one of those Ginormous African Snails :oops: they're so grossly huge they're fascinating.

Gosh, i think I know where to start looking for them-- a catalog, no less!

We used to have a pet snail. :)

One day our fish ate it, we think, but it got REALLY big compared to the rest. They are pretty cool to look at and watch.

Latest posts

Back