Register

What color is this mutt?

A place to ask about rabbit colours and to discuss rabbit genetics -- and how to breed for the desired results.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

What color is this mutt?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Shara » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

He was destined to join us for dinner, and then he got REAL pretty, so I may keep him to breed to Loca, I don't know. What color is he?
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 65.00

Re: What color is this mutt?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ShadedNightRabbitry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:02 pm

SIAMESE SAAAABLE!

MAYBE a off colored smoke. If you want more of him, make sure he's bred to REWs. If he breeds to an agouti, you're not likely to get anymore. Black/Blue/Choc/Lilac may or may not give you more siamese sables.

You may even get a sable point, depending on what's behind him.

OH! And their born gray, turn black, then turn gray again, then brown a little, and then turn into the color your see up there. =D
Sorry, I raise that color group, so I always get excited to see them. XD

__________ Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm __________

There's a junior siamese sable. =D

And there's another. A little darker of a buck, but has great show color. (I personally like the look of lighter ones, but they're not so liked on the tables. xD)

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Shara » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 pm

ooh, cool! It is pretty, but he was one of the ugliest looking colored kits I had, now I think he is prettiest! His possible girlfreind is a vienna marked black. I also have a red eyed white he could pair with.... :D

__________ Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm __________

Yes, he did change colors alot. Gray, Very dark, then I stopped paying attention (didn't want to be attatched) Then one day I was looking at him and he was changing color! I love it :)
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child

BunnyBucks: 300.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby mi_ku » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:38 pm

What pretty bunnies. I love the siamese sable color and I had no idea they changed so much. Love the education!

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,225.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 am

He's GORGEOUS!!! :in_love:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

BunnyBucks: 0.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Leanne » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Bunnies are so fun.
Rainbow and Stormy
blogs/citylimits/

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 4,239.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Bunny-Wan Kenobi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 am

I agree :bananadance: :bananadance2:
:jedai: :jedi: :vader: :sabers:

Aspiring author of "The Heirs" five book series, based on the legend of King Arthur. In progress: Book 1 - The Journey to the Stone Circle.

Apparently my blog https://apparentlysomekindofblog.wordpress.com/

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 4,796.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Anntann » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 pm

avinpiter wrote:I think that the chocolate color is the best. Color is depending on the breed. Some other colors are black and the red. This both are good breed but the Chocolate is mutt for rabbit.

The chocolate in Angoras (my breed of choice until I got the Beverens) is extraordinarily gorgeous. (in my opinion). While the tort spins up a nice tan..the chocolate spins up to look like a cup of milk chocolate. ahhhhhhhhh.... :)

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Shara » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

okay, Ann, you did it! (now I need chocolate angoras, because WHO could resist a nice, hot cocoa colored winter scarf/hat/glove set?)
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child

BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby trinityoaks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Y'all, avinpiter is a spammer. The only purpose for his/her comment was to post the spam link at the bottom of the post. :spam: :ban: