Klubertanz cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billylilwigeon

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a few J-series 3-stackers at mid-month and wanted to get some feedback.

Anyone on here used these particular models? Pros, cons?

Klubertanz makes good cages and the prices are good. Plastic trays are the best! Go for the plastic tray whenever you can.

The catalog says they come unassembled with J clips so be sure to get the j clips pliers. I've built lots of cages with j clips and it's easy, especially when somebody else has cut the wire.

Some people like urine guards, some people dont. I would get the urine guards to prevent kits from crawling out the sides.

I'd go for the 24 deep x 30 wide x 18 high. 30 deep is nice, but it's really hard to reach the back of that bottom cage.

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

I have never bought cages from Klubertanz, I make my own, but I have bought all kind of wire and supplies from them, and am very happy with their service. I agree....urine guards are nice with stacking cages. They will keep the waste in the trays. If you get the "cheap" J clip pliers, like I have, be sure to wear gloves, they can make one's hands sore in a short time.

I love my cage Klubertanz. I bought one of Karen (baby suction) last year, it has been several years now ~ and it still seems new! They last longer than painted epoxy. So now I just build my own when I need a new cage.

We've got some 30x36" cages, and Franco is right...reaching into that 30" to get a cowering rabbit is THE PITS! (although I've developed a routine using a small fishing net....:roll: ). Assembling is, indeed, easy. The plastic trays are great for weight, cleaning out, etc....but if they're to be outside in freezing weather, they will crack eventually. Urine guards....sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but as stated, they WILL keep kits from crawling out of the cage.

As a personal FYI about Klubertanz, they're really cool folks. The farm/store is only a couple minutes away from my house. The guys who build the cages and work in the "factory" part also run the onsite store. The whole thing is still in the family....started off when the Klubertanz family was breeding and showing rabbits. My understanding is that they decided a more locally owned business for cages/wire/supplies was needed for the midwest. They're founding members of the Badger Rabbit group (big group). Klubertanz is still run by the family, although I think it's the kids now. (well, the "kids" are adults)

They'll build anything you want, and will try to do it for a reasonable price. Easy to work with, I've found. And if they don't have what you want, and for some reason can't build it, they'll point to you someone who CAN. Shipping is what usually kills you with the wire and cages, but since they're in the midwest, it's a lot less pricey for many people to get than one of the places on the West coast or in Florida.

Sounds like they have quite a following of satisfied customers. They're who will get my next round of business.

For what I'm planning to order next week, the shipping is going to run me right at $85. I talked to Richard a couple of days ago and he was able to quote it to me. Since I'm mainly going to buy cages for my bucks this time around, I'll probably get 4 sets of 3-stacks, w/ each hutch measuring 24" X 24" X18". Space limitations are playing a big role in that decision, and since I already have 9 holes measuring 30"w X 24" deep with another couple of the same 3-stacks to come shortly down the road, I need to make space for the fellas.

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know anything about the stacking cage setup they offer? We have cages already built but we need a better system for stacking them. I saw klubertanz had legs for really cheap but I wasn't sure how exactly that worked. I was planning to email the company but if anyone can give me more details I'd appreciate it. Like I said we have our cages built individually but need a good frame to use for stacking them and I don't want to use wood.

akane":28worzpo said:
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know anything about the stacking cage setup they offer? We have cages already built but we need a better system for stacking them. I saw klubertanz had legs for really cheap but I wasn't sure how exactly that worked. I was planning to email the company but if anyone can give me more details I'd appreciate it. Like I said we have our cages built individually but need a good frame to use for stacking them and I don't want to use wood.

The legs are for each corner of the cage (obviously) and interlock with each other to allow for stacking them. You honestly won't want to go more than 3 high on the hutches, as they tend to become very top-heavy.

There are tabs built into each leg to connect them to the cage wire. Also, there are tracks for drip pans which attach to the legs on the left and right sides of the hutch as you're looking at them from the front of the cage. The assembly also allows for installing rollers/casters on the bottom of the assembled unit and facilitates easy moving for cleaning.

I'm certain there are more technically correct ways of describing the setup to you, but I've now put together 3 sets of the things, and once you put a couple of them together, it's a snap.

As for the ones Klubertanz offers, what I just described as far as assembly applies to the K-series cages, and applies to most 3-stack systems on the market. The J-series has solid wire panels for the left and right sides, meaning that they are one solid unit when assembled. That's a good idea in some ways, but if/when you ever have to move them, you're stuck with moving 3 cages at once.

Clear as mud? ;)

Klubertanz is most popular company worldwide for their pet animals product.Klubertanz Cages is best and These are the cages and carriers as a professional rabbit breeders use.rabbits are better in a carrier that will keep them from sitting in their own urine and feces. Ones with wire bottoms are much better.

Back