How do you keep your Angora's cool?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenora C

Reaction score
New fans for the cages. It is a hot one today in IL.

Attachments

• 2013-08-26 13.44.36a.jpg
    2013-08-26 13.44.36a.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 1,679
  • 2013-08-26 13.44.49a.jpg
    2013-08-26 13.44.49a.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 1,679
I have bigger fans that blow down the aisle on the stacked cage side, and under the cage strip on the hanging cage side, or blow down the center facing up to keep the heated air from hovering on the ceiling. Bunny house is always in the shade, and any angora I am not showing, or growing coat for show, I keep their undersides, legs and neck cut down, and only grow out the prime.

Love it. :)

The FAs are in the dark side of the barn. They were clipped at the beginning of the summer, and with the fans, don't seem to need anything extra.

I am in town, no barn. These buns are on my deck out side but shaded. I would love a bunny barn. Some day!

Lenora C":z0l3kuu5 said:
I am in town, no barn. These buns are on my deck out side but shaded. I would love a bunny barn. Some day!

I'm in town too, 15 minutes from downtown in the hood. Strangely enough, there is a barn on the property.

I live in NW Oklahoma and along with clipping 2-3x during the 100F+ heat, I also have misters on my bucklings cage line ... it is only protected by a tarp on top of the cages. No heat stroke, and I only turn it on after it gets to 95F for a while. I also provide pyrex pie plates with water and some would lay in those, but when the misters went on, they all moved under the mister LOL Ceramic/stone tiles frozen in the freezer are another way to help keep the buns cool ... probably need 2-3 per cage for rotation during the day.

Back