store bought indoor cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibba

Reaction score
It has been around 7 years since I've had a rabbit so my knowledge of what's out there and what's the best way to care for a rabbit need to be refreshed so I decided to join this board. :) We plan to get a rabbit and keep her/him inside and I'm wondering if you all could recommend a big indoor premade cage? We plan to get a small rabbit. I have homemade cages in the past but want something that is premade. I've also used dog crates in the past, and I rigged up a shelf for the rabbit to hop onto. I know mine really loved having a shelf, and I don't want to do a dog crate with a rigged up shelf. So I'm trying to find something that looks nice so it doesn't totally stick out with my decor. :lol: Any ideas?

I'll have to convert the numbers in google, I'm not good with math. The rabbit rescue by me recommends 36x36inches as the smallest size for an indoor cage... Not sure if I'll be able to find a square cage, so just trying to find something close to that size. I just want something big and "good" for the rabbit. I don't want the cage to small.

Thanks. I saw that one but didn't realize it had a drop down menu and there was a bigger cage. Off to go check the actual manuf page to see what else they have and maybe if they have something neutral in color.. LOL I'm so picky :)

not sure where your located....but dont forget to check KIJIJI.ca theres a person in Peterborough with nice big almost new indoor cages for sale ...says there 100+ each new wants $65...not bad... so you might find one on there in your area???
hope it helps
CC

Do you have a PetSupermarket in your area? If so your in luck... their prices are usually 10-20% cheaper than PetSmart. The cage I have for Pie I got there. Its a wonderful large Indoor/Outdoor hutch made by "Super Pet". I wouldnt trade it for anything. Its raise about 18 inches off the ground, has a removable tray for easy clean up, and its on casters (which can lock & unlock) so I can move it around easily. Also, it is a top open and a front open cage which really helps.

I'm right outside of Atlanta, GA. I have tried craigslist, thanks for the idea! :)

I am off to go google and see if I have a PetSupermarket .... I'm guessing yes, thanks for the idea to check there.

What a great question :)
so nice to see somebody thinking ahead about housing a bunny!

Kibba":2synwmd9 said:
I'm right outside of Atlanta, GA. I have tried craigslist, thanks for the idea! :)

I am off to go google and see if I have a PetSupermarket .... I'm guessing yes, thanks for the idea to check there.

Your Welcome. Im outside Atlanta, too. Oh, and another geat place is Pet Supplies Plus... very good prices (they are also cheaper than PetSmart and may even be a bit better than PetSupermarket) and they have an excellent cage selection. They actually have a good deal of stuff (food, toys, etc...) geared toward rabbits, too. I love it and am lucky to have one by my house.

I reccommend UPCO.com They have a bunch of neat small animal stuff-

When shopping on line or by catalog, remember this-- shipping and handling charges are also part of the overall cost of what you are buying.One of the reasons I like UPCO is the lack of surcharges and the fact that there are discounts for paying by check or credit card. (COD -you pay all shipping)

there are all sorts of good indoor cages out there. Just have to check around to see what you can find. lots of them now have shelves in them for rabbits to sit on.

Back