Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatSuAK

Reaction score
This recipe uses chicken, but I'm going to try it with rabbit.
:cauldron: I admit I'm a sucker for anything cheese.

Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken serves 6-8

6 slices thick cut bacon
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground chile de arbol (or cayenne pepper; to taste)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup beer, Belgian style wheat beer (Blue Moon)
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups half and half
8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
chives
croutons

Warm an 8 cup pot over high heat. Using clean scissors; cut bacon into pot. Cook bacon until lightly crisp, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite size pieces. Remove bacon from pan and place on a plate. Add chicken into bacon grease to cook. Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken onto plate with bacon.

Cut butter into 1 tablespoon pieces and add to pan drippings. Whisk in flour and spices. Add beer, broth and half & half. Whisk to combine and bring to a bubble. Add cheese whisk to combine, stir until you have a smooth mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce, chicken and bacon. Stir to combine.

Allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chives and croutons. Enjoy!

That sounds really good! Laden with calories and cholesterol- my favorite things! :p :p :p

But... is it spicy? I suppose I could reduce the cayenne and add more to taste after the broth is combined... :?

LMAO! :laugh2:
So we made this creation tonight but less spicy. It was extremely thick even after adding some milk, so we had it over biscuits. The richest, most filling dinner I have ever had! Says it serves 6-8, probably closer to 12 :shock:
It was really good, just extremely rich. Kind of the consistency of muffin dough. We froze over half of it, and I'm afraid to wash any of it down the sink lol it might just come back to life :indy-jones:

Back