Male or female...this is how you tell them apart!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright... I have no clue. Sometimes I think male, sometimes female.

Male, Female or need better pics? :p
100_3152.jpg

100_3151.jpg

Not entirely sure. I was told he was 14 weeks the week before I got him, and I've had him 3 and a half weeks. So... like 18 weeks? Or possibly older. He's also an unknown breed, but looks like flemish giant/cross. Sometimes it looks like a triangle, but sometimes it pops all the way out and is tube like. No sign of testicles(just call me captain obvious, lol). He's mot going anywhere, and I won't care which he is, but I'd like to know if he's a he or a she.

I just started really wondering after I read on the split penis thread that you can make a boy look like a girl if you're pulling down on the tail, and a girl look like a boy if you press too hard.

Yes, sorry. I had some issues with Photobucket, FB and my laptop. I'm in the process of moving pics and finding, uploading pics to a new photo host and I'll link them when they are ready.

__________ Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm __________

I need help sexing these day olds. Also, I cannot find some of the other older rabbit pics. Sorry.
kitskulka5.jpg

kitskulka4.jpg

kitskulka3.jpg

kitskulka1.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:57 pm __________<br /><br />GIRL
image.php

BOY
image.php

image.php

I originally had 6 pics of the 6 kits, 2 died. Now they are older and 2 bucks and 2 does. I guess it's possible the two that died were females. =(

Isn't it funny when someone has babybunnies, you are interested in them and you ask for their sexes but they tell you "we don't know their sexes until they are 6 weeks old". So you feel like going right over to check their sexes for them to help them out. :?

Happened today.. they are now 4 weeks old and i have to wait 2 weeks until they're able to sex them. Okay..

BUCKS
6, 8wks & 5mo.
RegenImage.aspx

RegenImage.aspx

RegenImage.aspx

RegenImage.aspx

DOES
6, 8wks & 5mo.
RegenImage.aspx

RegenImage.aspx

RegenImage.aspx

__________ Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:45 pm __________

Disney":1qk5razg said:
Isn't it funny when someone has baby bunnies, you are interested in them and you ask for their sexes but they tell you "we don't know their sexes until they are 6 weeks old".

Happened today.. they are now 4 weeks old and i have to wait 2 weeks until they're able to sex them. Okay..

I can sex them at 2wks, but newborns is a no-go.

__________ Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:49 pm __________

I'll try to remember to sex the next litter in 1wk intervals.

TMTex":2rhl153n said:
Thanks for the pics! They really help. Now, maybe I'll be able to tell mine apart when they arrive. :)

If you can't, just post pics in your own thread and we can help you out.

Thank you so much for the pics at the beginning of this post.... I now know the bunny I just took in is a boy and not a girl like its owner for the last year thought he was.... lol. and that also explains the reason why he has been doing a lot of circling around me since we brought him home... I am assuming he is becoming sexually mature being that he is 15 months old. I look forward to learning about my new bunny as I read thru the post here on the forums.

He's past reaching maturity, he's more likely just marking you and trying to woo you. If it bothers you or he gets too aggressive with it, neutering him may help chill him out some.
Glad the pics helped!<br /><br />__________ Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm __________<br /><br />Added more pics to my site. 2.5 is the earliest I'm willing to sex them, though, waiting until 3 or 4wks would be better.
http://foreverfarmsrabbitry.webs.com/sexing

Nice pics, thanks!

I can't be sure while their still in the nest--but even as a newbie I found it pretty easy to tell starting at 4 weeks, maybe even a little earlier--once I learned how. I think maybe a lot of people are afraid of pressing firmly enough to clearly expose the genitalia for fear of hurting the buns (I know I was). This site also helped me greatly: http://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

Again I'm new. :) as I understand
Sexing can be hard to do if you
Don't do it right? I hear tht if
You push down too hard it can
Be mistaken? If I didn't know
For sure that I had a doe and a buck
Don't know if I really could tell.

When do the bucks get the testical sac?
Does that come right away or does it
Develop with the rabbit? Sorry if
This is a stupid question. :)

When they start reaching maturity they drop. Anywhere from 4 to 6mo. Easier to see them on a new rabbit by just looking through the bottom of the cage, you'll see two pink bean shaped things. Well, maybe they would be a different color if the skin is different, my black furred rabbits have pink skin. :/

Secuono said:
When they start reaching maturity they drop. Anywhere from 4 to 6mo. Easier to see them on a new rabbit by just looking through the bottom of the cage, you'll see two pink bean shaped things. Well, maybe they would be a different color if the skin is different, my black furred rabbits have pink skin. :/

Ok, thank you! I have
A buck that has black fur and
Also has pink " beans" lol.

It's good to know when they will drop
As I think I'm expecting a litter. :)<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am __________<br /><br />Wow, I can see (for some people) it can
Be hard to sex them. Sometimes like
Someone mentioned that it can be
Mistaken if pulled too hard. I will
Defiantly will be needing help as
I think I'm expecting a litter. :)

Back