A few questions (updated 9/8/13)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I live in a part of Colorado that has its own little micro climate. I know people in town who grow figs. No kidding. And they don't bring them inside in winter. And not just that, but we rarely see temps below the twenties in winter, at night even. We might have a week or two that dips below, but were warm here.

Open pattern, yes lace, or potentially just two by two rib that is knit on very large needles, whatever suits my fancy.

As far as spinning right, well, s or z doesn't matter. It's the amount if twist in it. I can't tell you twist per inch, I prefer not to take my spinning to the point of technicaliy where it no longer remains fun for me. That's something you'll have to experiment yourself. I can tell ou it is A LOT of twist. That's about it.

Oh, and don't even think about a single unless you partially felt it before working with it. It won't happen.

I spin everything overspun, I just like the feel of the wheel moving fast. I've got some single that have been wrapped wet on the niddy noddy, hung and are still coiled. The finished 2 ply is probably sportweight~15 wpi What's on the drop spindle is definitely laceweight. S pattern when I spin z pattern in the ply.

The angora is two ply, and I have a pattern for the knitting loom I wanted to try, but after using the sock look I am concerned the hook will tear up the yarn. I'm perusing Ravelry for another pattern I like, now that I can knit.

Back