Questions about Urine

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyHare

Reaction score
Hello - I have two questions.
1) A few rabbits have whitish urine; not sludge. I've read several internet answers - Basically a calcium problem. There's the question part- Some say "A genetics problem - Cull rabbit" - Other answers were reduce pellet usuage - Feed hay for several days. Which is correct?
2) I like to use all the rabbit I can when butchering. I came across a website offering parts for sale. I understood: ears, feet, tail, heads and guts. The last item confused me - Bottles of Rabbit Urine. What do you use it for?
Thanks for the help - Mike
'

I would try giving them hay for a few days to see what happens. I can't hurt. What percentage protein is their feed? Calcium is often linked to the protein content. You might just need to feed a lower protein pellet.

I remember running across bottles of rabbit urine before. Apparently, trappers like to use it to attract game to their sets. It might also have other hunting-related uses. Hmm...never considered selling THAT stuff!

I'd reduce the pellets and give more hay to see if that helps.

As for urine it is used for training dogs (Beagles, Basset Hounds etc) to hunt. We use to have Red Fox urine to train our dogs to hunt.

Ive also heard hunters spray rabbit urine on there cloths when hunting deer to get rid of there scent.

eww
it would work, I have some fermented trays...
deer would smell something, not human

Since a rabbit is hunted and loved by every predator animal on earth, I can see why it would be used as a training thing, and also as a "cover my scent". If a deer (extremely wary critter) smells RABBIT it would probably feel fairly safe. "ah...rabbits around. no big predators"

Back