China Fur market?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinchillas are still raised for fur pelts sell for about 60-80 U.S dollars each .

Rabbits pelts will continue to be low priced until enough people get together and make a uniform quality product that can be sold on auctions. Furriers cant just buy a few pelts here and there they need a large consistent supply of uniform goods. I have been trying to find "Chinchilla" colored standard rex for months in MN and have been totally and completely unsuccessful. I have heard rumors that there are 2 different farms in the U.S raising Rex rabbits for fur but I have no real information on them. I know in South america there are some Rex rabbit fur farms but again hard to find good information.

As far as fryer pelts they will always be near worthless because the leather is to thin to be used in most applications.

DonnerSurvivor":3i0q7x5c said:
As far as fryer pelts they will always be near worthless because the leather is to thin to be used in most applications.

Oh, that is really helpful, thank you. I've been tanning fryer pelts. I thought they could be used just the same. Has anyone been making anything with fryer pelts? I wasn't planning to sell - just use for bedspreads or whatnot. The hide is fragile though, maybe easier to sew with!

Latest posts

Back