Should I send Rabbit or me to school?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyHare

Reaction score
Hello - I recently traded for a bag full of drinking bottles. Lots of ball nipples - No problem but I have about eight working Nivek or pin-type nippled bottles. I have moved them from cage to cage - No takers. I checked the pins they work for me. How do I get the rabbits to try them or should I get rid of them? Thanks for the help, Mike

Hey Mike,
can you wedge a match stick or sliver of wood into the nozzle
to create a slight drip? The rabbit will learn where the water
is coming from and in a few days will learn the trick.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I haven't had any success getting my rabbits to drink from the pin-type nozzles, either. :(

I just put the ball waterer and nozzle next to each other and let the ball waterer run dry or freeze for a short time before replacing every day. They all like or dislike it to a varying degree but I've had only 1 rabbit not figure it out at all. Mocha played with his until it drained completely the first day and he only drinks about 1/4th of it a day since then.

I have only one rabbit who has never figured out the pin waterer, so he still has a crock. I might have to try some of these suggestions on him. :)

Latest posts

Back