not a bad start

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintrider89

Reaction score
I was skeptical at first, getting into rabbits. You don't see many for sale around here, so I wasn't sure if it was from a lack of breeders or a lack of customers. Three days ago I picked up a litter from my friend, who is wanting to get out of rabbits as her mom is I'll and she doesn't have the time. This is where my two first does came from. She had a litter of 6 kits. I took them, came home and put them on craigslist. I sold two bucks for $5 each (kits pretty unhandled). Then I sold one of the does for $10. Yesterday I didn't sell any (which was fine because I had lots of running to do). I decided to keep the remaining buck, for my Jr. buck for pretty pets. Today I sold the remaining two does, and one of my litter that's ready to go (3 are sold, bit waiting for owners to come get). So after those 3 went for $30 I now have 2 kits left to sell, and 3 kits leaving tomarrow. Bit in hand cash I did pretty well.$50. The remaining kits are going for $15 a kit.

Not big money for sure, but that's 5 bags of feed :)

Considering I didn't even have to raise 5 of the kits, I may have broke even.

Lol. Well I kept one. I just didn't want to see those buns go unhandled. I think there is a lack of pets in my area.

Bunny flipper.

-rolls-

And, yeah. Rabbits are the third biggest pet animal after dogs and cats. Just seems like most people forget about them, but, nonetheless, they sell pretty decently from all I've heard.

Latest posts

Back