YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Training works!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Last time I trimmed bunny nails I had a frustrating time of it when I did the WHOLE works all at once. blogs/athomepets/2010/06/15/rabbit-nails-trimming-them/

Since then I've done some training with my hard to handle bunnies (ones that freak at the sound or feel of nail clippers at work).

I've been randomly clipping the air around them. Picking them up. Feeling up their feet. Clipping ONE foot and so forth and just being a pain in the butt (to the rabbits).

Today I clipped everyone Since I had the WHOLE AFTERNOON to myself.

Everyone but one cooperated nicely. I only hit one quick because of rabbit nervousness but that was a girlie that I hadn't played with for almost a month since she was on kits and being a bit nervous about it.

The one that didn't cooperate at all was a young buck that had just started being VERY bossy with his cage mate buck and recently been put in on his own and he was being a bit nervy about that.

So WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! that's all I can say. Training works! Bread crusts and patience and handling and much better behaved bunnies resulted and no need today for a long sleeved thick coat (other than the fact that it IS winter). :)

:) Excellent! It amazes me how QUICKLY the kits learn to either be handled and happy about it; or shy and skittish :x With this current litter of Americans I can't tell one from the other, so I just keep grabbing kits and hope I eventually get all of them! (I tried putting them into a separate place but I'm short on cage space, and they get out of boxes rather quickly :( )

Latest posts

Back