Escape artist

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsmegary

Reaction score
I have one little miss who is constantly trying to escape, she is only 3 mo. But she is determined to be free! :bunnyhop:
When i open the door to feed them, she tries her hardest to bolt out around me, and she is always trying to find a way under the walls.... None of the others seem to care much about leaving, and if they follow her they usually try to find a way back into the coop... Is there any way to calm her down, or will she probably be this way for the rest of her life?

I had a group of escape artists in my grow out pen. I use a chain link dog pen lined with chicken wire for my grow outs. This was like the 4th or 5th time I used it. Found they were climbing the chain link corner to a very small gap 2 feet up. Little trouble makers. I finally just butchered most of them and put a few in cages. Naughty rabbits. Don't know if your rabbit will grow out of being Houdini I doubt it.

I don't know if this well help, but maybe give her something to occupy her? A small cardboard box she can chew and play with, a whiffle ball she can toss around, or some other kind of toy?

Just an idea.

It's a good idea, Marinea, and well worth trying. As far as the bun rushing the door when you open it, try distracting her with a treat through the wire so you can get the door open. She may still try, but it should give you a few extra seconds.

Latest posts

Back