Need color help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avdpas77

Reaction score
Hey MoonKitten and any of you others out there that knwo your genetics. I have a few rabbit that I would like to get some genetic information on. Because I can't give any parential gene info, I suspect that you won't be able to tell be everything, but any information will help.

First up is "Irish" she is one of my does, and while she doesn't seem to be the quality of my others, I have kept her, for the time being for her color.

2nd are two kits out of the same litter.

They look to both be nice does, and I am thinking of keeping one of them.

The first one is sort of "yellow" has a plum or lavender cast, with a bluish lavender underbelly. The second is "yellow". It shows sort of a plum cast at the edges of the ears, etc, but that is the photo, she is the same color as her back everywhere except her belly which is whitish.

Thank you.

Attachments

• colors 005.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • colors 004.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,226
  • colors 001.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • colors 003.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,226
I agree with moonkitten - they look like torts to me. First one is a black tort. The kits look like a blue tort or lilac tort, although not quite sure on the last one.

Thanks, can you tell me what gene gives the "yellow" or "red" color? or is it the absence of some gene?

The one kit is a blue tort and the second is a fawn..unless both parents have chocolate then maybe a lilac tort, but her eyes look too dark for that. The doe in the very first pic is a black tort.

Latest posts

Back