I'm furious!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaggieJ":zeqf4yli said:
Yes, taking them to her under supervision is the best thing to do. In theory, when you take the nest box to Branwyn, she should be willing to hop in an nurse them.
I took them out to her a little bit ago, and watched from the doorway to see what she'd do. She hopped in the box fairly quickly, and I think she fed them. She was in there 7-8 minutes, and they look fed to me. It's kinda hard to get a really good look, because they're so squirmy. Unfortunately, she also peed and pooped in the box, so I gave them a complete bedding change, as well, and brought them in.

I'll be up for quite a while this evening (have to go pick up DH from work at midnight--don't get me started on all of our car issues this week!). If I hear them squeaking, I'll try hand-feeding them. Otherwise, I'll take them back out in the morning and supervise her feeding again.

I hope Dot kindles soon!
So do I! She still hasn't pulled any fur, but she seems to like sitting in her nest box (and pottying in there, as well :angry: ). If she hasn't kindled by Friday (Day 36), I'll take the nest box out and figure she didn't "take".

I'd give her a litter box I think ... in the spot nest box was in .. then put nest box elsewhere - and 10 minutes should do the trick

if you do have to handfeed - and I've done it many times but still try everything else first - yah you want to hold them however you and they are comfortable but that they can't get liquid poured just down the throat

and to help the pee doens't take much - a little rub with a damp warm cloth or bit of paper towel around the bottom of the tummy should do the trick :)

Latest posts

Back