Rabbits being used for Easter Photos :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well I got an email from a photographer and I'm allowing her to use my rabbits. She's been pleasant to talk to and nice professional website. Going to put this money towards some more hanging cages that I'm going to needing sooner or later :roll: Got her advertisment posted on my blog if anyone in GA wants to spread the word :lol:

I'll probably just put a big bow on a couple of mine and take them to a nursing home... :bunnyhop: whatever the activities person does as far as pictures-- heck- it doesn't matter.

I was just approached by a local photographer to provide bunnies for her easter photo shoot next Saturday (3-31), Monday (4-1) and Tuesday (4-2). I will provide a couple of 14 week old meat mutts and thinking about taking some 2.5 week old litters.

For those that do this, how do you bill the rent, and I am assuming you are there as bunny wrangler?

I've done it twice this season thus far, one more to go.

I chose NOT to go as bunny wrangler (health issues constrain me this year), both photographers hired bunny experienced people to assist them.

For one shoot - I'm getting a family photo done. For the other $50 a day. Provided with four rabbits.

Make sure you get signed waivers done - one copy for the people, one for the photographers records.

Ohhh, I didn't even think about waivers ... something along the lines of "these bunnies are hand raised to be gentle, but with any animal, unanticipated accidents/injuries can occur. By signing this waiver, you acknowledge that the photographer and the rabbit owner are held free from liability."

Or, if you have a boiler-plate liability waiver I would love a copy :lol:

I was thinking about renting some of my bunnies out last Easter for pictures but I was unsure how to go about renting them out. The ideas above have helped out. Thanx :eek:)

Barton's Big Bunnies":2y3hllb4 said:
I was thinking about renting some of my bunnies out last Easter for pictures but I was unsure how to go about renting them out. The ideas above have helped out. Thanx :eek:)

I hope you get a chance. When my mom worked for LifeTouch, I used to take my bunnies in every year. Now that those ones are gone, I have very nice pictures with them, and it's so cool that my cute bunny is in a picture with someone's cute kid, in their photo album as a lasting memory. Helps me feel like I'm creating happy memories for people.

I know this is a really really old thread... but how do people go about renting for photos? What's the price? Do you just go with the photographer and the photographer sets up the pic, takes it, and that's it? Do you quarantine your bunnies, at least for a few days, afterwards, or is quarantining unnecessary since your rabbits only come into contact with humans? I've never really thought about doing something like this...

The photographer was really great. I actually was asked back this year...I forgot how much I asked. I know I changed my prices as it is VERY tiring for both you and the rabbits depending how many hours you are there. I suggest getting the rabbits a black harness. I had one run under the barn the first time and she got a few ticks. Lessoned learned if you are working in open area

This year, we did all the pictures on the porch, so it wasn't required to have a leash and I knew they wouldn't run off.

I know I charge for gas there and back depending on location because it's gas and also wear and tear on the car. This person was a little over an hour away, so I did charge. As the base fee it's $30 minimum and then $30 per hour.

I've had some people want to make ridiculous visits when I was charging $10 an hour. When I brought up gas they were like wait what? This isn't a charity and usually I have to take time off for work so I lose out on hours worked at my real job when I'm doing things like this.

They sell this very thin black lined leash for rabbits (not one of those tye dye harnesses) at petstores so you can see it in the photo. I don't walk the rabbits or anything on them. (rabbits walk you lol) It's just as a preventative measure so we can just grab the harness really quick if they decide to hop off.

Oh, ok. Do you quarantine your rabbits after a photo shoot?<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am __________<br /><br />Also, do you let people in the photo hold the rabbit? I'd be kind of reluctant too... I guess you can pose with the rabbit in your lap, or on the chair/table beside you.

I don't quarantine. They don't own any other farm animals. If they were to have other rabbits, I would reccommend it. I also take hand sanitizer for the kids to lather on before touching.

I let the kids either hold on to the leash, or I put the rabbit in their lap. I will have a run down how to properly hold them before giving them the rabbit though. Usually they are sitting down. Big kids can hold them. In the case of the porch, they had cute tables and such so I just put the rabbits on top and they normally perked up and were very photogenic, or they plop down because Mini Lops are a very lazy, but inquisitive breed. My big fat does seem most please having to do nothing but lay down on on the tables and such lol<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am __________<br /><br />I take babies and put them in baskets and such. Holding was pretty minimal. So if they can do the photo shots on top of surfaces like a wrap around porch, instead of out in the open, it makes everything run really smooth!

Latest posts

Back