should i answer?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
This seems benign but it's setting off all my warning systems. It starts out sounding like those scam emails I get when using petfinder classifieds and everything but the breed sounds like a copy paste job like they've sent out many of these emails. I also wonder where they got my last name from as I only put an initial on gmail and my first name is misspelled.

Ms. Shauna *****

I was interested to see if you sold bunnies. We are looking for Neatherland Dwarf baby rabbits.
Could you please email me with more information on cost and delivery of the rabbits. Also if you can provide some pictures it would be great.

Thanks

I have had one or two sketchy emails, and I respond with questions of my own.

"Dear So and So,

I will be better able to answer your questions if I know what purpose you want the rabbits for.

Are you planning on breeding, or will these be pets? Are you interested in show or pet quality rabbits?

How many are you interested in? Keep in mind that rabbits need to be housed separately or they will likely fight when they mature."

i send people asking that information to my website. Referring them to specific pages and asking them to watch my website and respond back once they've read things over. :)

akane":hgq11mfw said:
This seems benign but it's setting off all my warning systems. It starts out sounding like those scam emails I get when using petfinder classifieds and everything but the breed sounds like a copy paste job like they've sent out many of these emails. I also wonder where they got my last name from as I only put an initial on gmail and my first name is misspelled.

Ms. Shauna *****

I was interested to see if you sold bunnies. We are looking for Neatherland Dwarf baby rabbits.
Could you please email me with more information on cost and delivery of the rabbits. Also if you can provide some pictures it would be great.

Thanks

Yeah, plenty of red flags there. I put some of the ones which stand out to me in bold print for emphasis.

Do whatever you want, but I wouldn't willingly or knowingly go within 1K miles of that.

I wouldn't waste your time.
Trust your instincts......they are usually right!
Especially the "cost and delivery" part.
I've gotten emails like that before and they usually end up asking "What is the price of delivery of 3 bunnies to Scandinavia?".
Um, no.

I had one that kept bugging me like that as well said they were gonna pay $150 for a $30 rabbit for my "troubles" I told them that was awesome I take cash. "oh you won't take a check?" I said of course, once the check clears there is then a 10 day waiting period to see if there is any fraudulent activity or reports. Never heard back LOL.

Jack":2glsdsoe said:
Phrasing is NON ENGLISH....
Exactly. It's better than most, but it isn't right.

Also, the fact that they got your last name is creepy. I don't like getting emails from people I don't know, that include my first and last names.

I would likely answer, but more for giggles. I know I wouldn't other selling to someone who set off my creeper alarm.

Do they need one baby rabbit for the occasion of their child's birthday? Lol

MamaSheepdog":1d4j6k3v said:
I have had one or two sketchy emails, and I respond with questions of my own.

"Dear So and So,

I will be better able to answer your questions if I know what purpose you want the rabbits for.

Are you planning on breeding, or will these be pets? Are you interested in show or pet quality rabbits?

How many are you interested in? Keep in mind that rabbits need to be housed separately or they will likely fight when they mature."

I usually answer like MamaSheepdog.

I got one really odd email in answer to an ad, I responded with questions and got an email back from someone who had no clue what I was talking about. A couple of weeks later I got a very apologetic email from the same lady telling me it was her eight year old daughter who had responded to my ad. The poor woman was so embarrassed I felt sorry for her. I dread to think what trouble the daughter got into.

Latest posts

Back