Register

Pointed white Elop

A place to ask about rabbit colours and to discuss rabbit genetics -- and how to breed for the desired results.
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 882.00

Re: Pointed white Elop

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Jasharia » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm

The one buck I sold was a sable point I got a free breeding to him or a baby that is his color. I can breed him to my orange doe that be nice.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,330.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby HendricksHearth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:32 pm

I am not sure if anyone read Domestic Rabbits yet as I just had it show up in the mailbox this week, but there is an article about Elops this time around and it does specifically state that they are not accepted in Pointed White or Tan colors. Also, the change in the SOP weights is going to DQ my buck with 2 legs. Argh. :(

Lauren

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,315.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Pickles » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:43 pm

When you refer to a pointed white.. is this the same as a Sable point (like "rd's Enigma"- who, to me, is a shaded white of sorts)?
Also, what is the new weight standard for the ELop? Pie is at around 10lbs... is that considered too small to qualify now?
Last edited by Pickles on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#19  Unread postby HendricksHearth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 pm

I know it can be confusing for sure, but pointed white would be a white rabbit with colored points and red eyes (aa B_ ch_ D_ E for a black pointed white for example). A sable point usually has a cream kind of color on the body, brown eyes, sepia points, and shading like a tort (genetically aa B_ cchl_ D_ ee for example). The English Lop breed recognizes sable points like Enigma as a showable color, but pointed whites are unfortunately not.

As far as the standard, I haven't purchased the new book yet, but I was told they raised the minimum weight for seniors to 9.5 lbs for bucks and 10.5 lbs for does. If Pie is 10lbs then he is fine but his sire will no longer be showable as he was 9lbs when we had him registered. :(

I hope this helps,

Lauren

The following user would like to thank HendricksHearth for this post
Pickles

BunnyBucks: 6,955.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Devon's Mom Lauren » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 pm

A sable point is the chinchilla version of a tort.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,315.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby Pickles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

HendricksHearth wrote:...but his sire will no longer be showable as he was 9lbs when we had him registered. :(

Does this mean that a bun will always to be referred to their weight when he/she is initially registered? Are they not weighed at show time? Im just asking because what if the buns weight has increased (or lowered) since registration... is this not taken into consideration at show?

Oh, and BTW, Enigma is one of the most amazingly beautiful rabbits I have ever seen (with the exception of Pie, of course- LOL)!

Post Number:#22  Unread postby HendricksHearth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Sorry, that probably sounded confusing- I use their registration weight as a good reference point when I look at their records, but judges can and will weigh a rabbit on the tables to make sure they make the cut (and will disqualify them if they don't). My boy always hovers around 9lbs no matter what I do, so that change in the SOP really put a monkey wrench in potential shows.

Thanks for the kind words about Enigma! :)

Lauren

Previous