Twix is being difficult again

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Over the past week she's made 3 different nests, sometimes pulling fur, including a great one in her nestbox full of shaving, straw, and hay. A few days ago she destroyed the one in the box and ate all the straw. She was due last night when she took all her hay and shoved it back in the nest box. I check on her this afternoon and we have no kits but she is completely zoned out intent on her nest making which involves taking all the hay out of the box and putting it next to the box. :slap: She's in the house in a solid floored cage but her latest nest is in the former potty corner. I was wondering why twix switched her potty corner. Should I stop her now, move them to the box after she's done, or leave them there so long as she builds a good enough nest?

If you are sure the kits can't get out through the side wire, I'd leave her nest where she puts it until the kits are born, then move litter to the box. If you have baby saver wire you're okay.

Otherwise you can put some heavy paper around the sides and bottom inside the cage then add straw. Sort of like making the whole cage a nest box. You'll have to clean it out daily. You only have to do this for a day or two until she has the litter. Then move litter to the nest box.

Have a good day!

Well every last piece of hay is now in a round nest next to the box. I gave her more hay which she is picking through. She hasn't started pulling fur yet or at least again since there already tufts in there from the past week.<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm __________<br /><br />Still nothing. Unfortunately I don't know her exact due date since it was the buck's first time so I left them together for a few days till he figured it out. I'm going with thursday as the day I put them back together if there are no kits by then.

Latest posts

Back