Created new colony and doe builds nest!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, speaking as an English major, it is refreshing to see! When you read ads on Kijiji, saying things like "I'm saleing my rabit cuz I don't have time 4 it with skewl"! I feel like sending a reply telling them that yes, they definitely need to spend more time in "skewl" and maybe they should look up over the door of the "skewl" and see how it is actually spelt! :evil:

OK, English major rant over. :lol:

hey... made me laugh :)<br /><br />__________ Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 pm __________<br /><br />but what is a frumious bandersnatch! ????

caloooo callay...

__________ Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm __________

heh. loved that whole thing....

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!

and of course, the Walrus and the Carpenter....I think of them every time I go walking on the beach.

The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright--
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

Hey now guys, lets get back to my brothers topic and by the way the bunnies that we both have are awesome. The new mini rex buck that we got was so curious about his new pen he was crawling on top of his feeder and on his heat lamp, he was also playing with his water which was pretty funny.

hey now guy - welcome to rabbit talk
glad the rabbits are cute

Thanks, my brother and I are excited about our rabbits even though we have different ideas on how we are gonna raise them and how we are going to sell them/use them. He wants to try and sell them as pets and breeders and I am more for getting a lot of the culls and turning them loose to go hunting, but we will see once we get our new buck into gear and breeding our does.

"turning them loose to go hunting?"

domestic rabbits aren't wild rabbits and turning them loose is not a use I'd EVER be able to support

Releasing domesticated rabbits into the wild illegal in most places.
http://www.missoulian.com/lifestyles/territory/article_57c713a0-ec10-11de-968d-001cc4c03286.html

Unfortunately many pet rabbits sold by irresponsible breeders to clueless owners end up in this situation and worse.

Quote: "The new mini rex buck that we got was so curious about his new pen he was crawling on top of his feeder and on his heat lamp, he was also playing with his water which was pretty funny." End Quote

That does not sound safe to me at all. As helpful as public forums are for information, I hope you have a responsible adult supervising you both.

Marian

Marian - good catch on the heater part - I missed it - I only saw the baby playing in his water - which is pretty cute usually ;) I'd say if the heater is close enough to climb on it's probably a fire hazard too :( so be very careful

from WA laws
"Animal cruelty in the second degree (section (2)(c)—if animal is abandoned and suffers bodily harm or is at substantial risk for suffering bodily harm:
Gross Misdemeanor
Fine up to $5,000
Imprisonment up to 1 year "

so turning loose to hunt is not seen a prank in your state..

That heat lamp does not sound safe! I really doubt that they need one anyway. If they are old enough to be separated from their mother they are old enough to keep warm without a heat lamp. A box of hay or straw that they can crawl into is good if the temperatures get very severe.

Thank you everyone for your advice, please excuse my brother, and please don't be mad at me for his behavior. I agree completely with all of you, I do not wish him to shoot my rabbits. Again please don't be mad at me.

Thanks,
Logan

P.S. How do I close this topic? I do not want my brother to be lectured anymore, I think he has had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back