advice sought for a companion bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have these 2 bucks who are REALLY lonely souls. The thought entered my head that perhaps I could get them companions? I can get a neutered/spayed bunny from the Humane Society maybe? House them next to each other for a week or so, then put them together?

I've never tried it, and wanted some input before I went out and bought 2 pet rabbits. Thoughts? suggestions? Will it work, will they hate the idea? Both bucks are super friendly, and visibly upset when I had to move them into separate rooms.

have you tried putting the two bucks together?

I know..its odd...but sometimes (rarely but sometimes) putting two bucks together who are lonely sometimes works. :)

I had two bucks living together for the longest time, they got along really well. They had the odd scuffle, but that's a normal thing. Never anything serious. And they were both mature. Lived together since they were youngsters mind you.

Right now I"m experimenting with another pair of young bucks. They are so far, doing well, right on the cusp of maturing, but nary a squeal or fur pull from either one.

MIND...LOTS of space and have a towel or two on the ready in case they hate each other instantly.

But otherwise, see if you can find a couple of spayed girls who could be matched up with them. :) And watch them to see how the getting to know each other works. :)

hehehe

so so true ... I'm hoping mama stays as nice as she is so far - then I might actually want to keep an unspayed girl awhile :)

Back