Doe Problum

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbunny8087

Reaction score
I have a holland lop doe that I've had for a year now and she's gotten herself into a little problem...

Whenever I pick her up and set her on something she always kicks pee up at me or when I set her down she runs and kicks pee every where. She does it every time to pick her up, let her loose, or even look at her in her cage. Please, help me!
:wall:

Is she a pet bunny?

I ask because I raise for- ahem!- "other purposes"- so a veterinary visit would not be an option for me.

But she may have a urinary tract infection which is causing loss of bladder control. :hmm:

If you can't afford to take her (or her pee) in for a urinalysis, you might try giving her cranberries or cranberry juice for a few days and see if it helps at all.

My doe did this when a buck was around, I call it just acting studly. Had them do it when breeding, too. So marking and top rabbit stuff, Id say. How to stop it? No idea, does the rabbit like you at all??

Is she sitting, peeing and then stepping into the pee or is she spraying the pee?

Mama- She is a pet bunny, she is one of my best show rabbits. How often shall I give her the juice?

Chickes- I am one of her favorite people she cuddles me and follows me everywhere. Well when she is in her cage she sit in it because I find pee all over her back legs. But once she's out of the cage she sprays it. I do have a neutered mail in the barn but they are best buddies.

Ptbunny8087":30i35wvl said:
Mama- She is a pet bunny, she is one of my best show rabbits. How often shall I give her the juice?

I would just put a small bowl of it in her cage and let her drink it at will. Make sure she has her plain water also.

If you feed her any cranberries, I would just give her a few once or twice a day since she is so tiny. If you give her dried ones, avoid the ones that are loaded with sugar.

To me...sounds like a hormonal doe advertising herself for breeding. Does and bucks both can spray and pee mark, just most does do not usually or its just not seen as much.

Is this rabbit on wire or a solid floor? If on a solid floor you might want to change to wire, then she can't sit in it.

Back