It was going well and then... she mentioned ....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dayna":224kczc4 said:
I would be worried she'd follow me home... And liberate my animals....
Or somebody else with her in another car.

If you do meet her, maybe you could make it at the beginning of a very full errand day.

Might not be a bad idea to have a neutral meeting place policy in effect for people you've never heard from before. Just because the rescue might try again, except making sure they don't mention the rescue.

I guess it depends on the security you have at your place, though.

Miss M":214b5axd said:
dayna":214b5axd said:
I would be worried she'd follow me home... And liberate my animals....
Or somebody else with her in another car.

If you do meet her, maybe you could make it at the beginning of a very full errand day.

Might not be a bad idea to have a neutral meeting place policy in effect for people you've never heard from before. Just because the rescue might try again, except making sure they don't mention the rescue.

I guess it depends on the security you have at your place, though.

:yeahthat:

NO

Sorry, BUT... OPSEC / INFOSEC (Operational security Informational security)

IE. don't tell her NOTHING, you should have told her, that the rabbit is a 4H bunny, or a FFA project ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but the TRUTH...
These people are buggers in the head, they are STALKERS, and they are the ones that will come after you...

I.E. they will play you to get as much info as they can, shoot you can usually these days find a person if you know at least their name and 'area', that will get an address, they scoop out your setup via sat photos and come do 'recon'

you need to make friends with the local 'dog catcher'

OK, here is where you screwed up. Your Email
BETTER to say nothing, or that your daughter decided to keep her... anything but tell her she's wrong, when someone is to that extreme, they are VERY sure of their own opinion being 'RIGHT' you are wrong, and... lets hope she lets it pass, and NOT take your Email to the next meeting....

I don't let people come to my house PERIOD, I drive out to 'deliver' (when I'm going that way anyways) they have a phone number, dats it unless they pay for a pedicgree

Bad Habit":1wwvtnkn said:
LMAO that's just... wow. Just wow. So... rats and mice and pigs(but not potbelly pigs) are okay to be used as snake chow, but not bunnies? I just don't understand these people.

Don't you know? Only soft furry cuddly animals are human! :shrug:

I'd simply wrote an email nicely stating I do not deal with individuals that promote especially work in such groups as selling to them supports their actions and reasoning in my mind. I'd be worried about being used and hunted by the group with the way they have their home page. If you do decide to, I second using a strange vehicle, far away from home, and bring a friend. I wouldn't even give them the home number to call.

aren't those kind of people usually against breeding and only find adopting shelter bunnies acceptable?

UNLESS you are adopting from them, then they charge your (to make sure you value your rabbit) and want to 'teach' you about rabbits, and inspect your home....
and then complain that they have '100 rabbits' (IN UNSANITARY CONDITIONS) they can't move....

Yeah, you're definitely more diplomatic than me. My post would have probably gone something like, "You = crazy. Me = not stooppid. Go way away"
Have to write it like they understand.

BTW - you're avatar left without saying a word MSD.<br /><br />__________ Sun May 26, 2013 10:13 am __________<br /><br />
Jack":105mklvl said:
NO

Sorry, BUT... OPSEC / INFOSEC (Operational security Informational security)

IE. don't tell her NOTHING, you should have told her, that the rabbit is a 4H bunny, or a FFA project ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but the TRUTH...
These people are buggers in the head, they are STALKERS, and they are the ones that will come after you...

I.E. they will play you to get as much info as they can, shoot you can usually these days find a person if you know at least their name and 'area', that will get an address, they scoop out your setup via sat photos and come do 'recon'

you need to make friends with the local 'dog catcher'

OK, here is where you screwed up. Your Email
BETTER to say nothing, or that your daughter decided to keep her... anything but tell her she's wrong, when someone is to that extreme, they are VERY sure of their own opinion being 'RIGHT' you are wrong, and... lets hope she lets it pass, and NOT take your Email to the next meeting....

I don't let people come to my house PERIOD, I drive out to 'deliver' (when I'm going that way anyways) they have a phone number, dats it unless they pay for a pedicgree

I agree not to let her near the house but am glad she decided to tell the truth and not lie.

I'm thinking I will only sell rabbits at shows, or do a drop off. Then again I plan on eating what I don't keep so not many worries.

Good luck, and be careful!

If someone wrote me an email saying they "belong to an animal rescue so if it didn't work out they could find the bun a new home", I simply wouldn't have responded back. I wouldn't have added any fuel to upset them, such as saying I am leery of having them come to my house or family, and I do not want them at my place. If someone wrote that to me, it would offend me and I wouldn't like them very much after that. Once it is time to schedule pickup, just say you can meet them at *blank* place and ask if they know how to get there. You don't ever have to mention anything about you not wanting them to come to your house. Just don't bring it up!

on your way home drop by the nearest police station and tell them you think you may be being followed and would like to set in there station for 5 mins or so to be sure your aren't. or eat out and go see a movie then go shopping.

Ok ...im against rabbits for fur and meat only when the animals are treated cruelly and yes I believe animals have rights to be shown some form of affection and taken care of. There are so many people/places that torture animals till the bitter end of their lives for whatever purpose. They are not killed humanely infact they're killed in such a way that inflicts huge amounts of pain ..including animals being scared to death all the time before the deed is done. I do believe in meat and fur purposes only if it is done humanely and they are well taken care of. When you buy gloves trimmed with rabbit fur at lets say Nordstrom Macys ect... most likely the rabbit killed so the gloves can be trimmed with its fur did not die a humane death. I am not one of those peta nuts. I DO AGREE that rabbits can be used for other purposes but can't condone an animal living in fear and cruelly killed is right.

I meant the email recieved by the poster ..stating that she worked with an animal rescue group was scary...not the email written back

alch0my":10mqhp2v said:
Ok ...im against rabbits for fur and meat only when the animals are treated cruelly and yes I believe animals have rights to be shown some form of affection and taken care of. There are so many people/places that torture animals till the bitter end of their lives for whatever purpose. They are not killed humanely infact they're killed in such a way that inflicts huge amounts of pain ..including animals being scared to death all the time before the deed is done. I do believe in meat and fur purposes only if it is done humanely and they are well taken care of. When you buy gloves trimmed with rabbit fur at lets say Nordstrom Macys ect... most likely the rabbit killed so the gloves can be trimmed with its fur did not die a humane death. I am not one of those peta nuts. I DO AGREE that rabbits can be used for other purposes but can't condone an animal living in fear and cruelly killed is right.

AlchOmy, are these your views or is it a quote from somewhere? Very few rabbits are raised and/or slaughtered inhumanely. Apart from any moral considerations, it would just not be practical. The meat and fur quality would suffer. Commercial rabbit operations my be short on giving the animals affection, but that does not constitute animal cruelty. The rabbits are livestock, not pets.

If you truly believe what you say, you need to post the sources for your information.

Something I heard about factory farming. I believe rabbits are good for many uses not just pets. I don't think anyone on here is cruel to any animals. I just felt that there are some people who protect animals in the right way ...I know there are nuts out there trying to make people who raise rabbits and other livestock look evil. I was referring mostly to over seas where animals are not taken care of. Im so sorry if I offended anyone.

most rabbits are NOT factory farmed, and even IN the factory farmed rabbits, they are treated humanely at least IF NOT much better than the chicken you ate
so before you got tossing stones...

NOW...
on the gloves, as 99% of Rabbit Fur comes out of CHINA
(a well covered topic, but mostly because they haven't closed down tanneries or require them to do expensive stuff like neutralize/impound run off and other environmental mediation)

In china Rabbits are FARM raised, NOT factory farm, but a MASS scale of BACKYARD raised rabbits...
funny, isn't this one of the 'goals' of certain movements

you can't have it EVERY way,

Your average movie star ANIMAL ACTIVIST is supporting a group that is FOR the END OF HUMANITY, who see animals as being on the same level as humans, NOT food given to us to husband in a responsible manner

Latest posts

Back