USDA inspected.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DonnerSurvivor":3omdw6cg said:
squidpop":3omdw6cg said:
I just read through the USDA regulations and maybe I'm missing something but they don't seem too difficult to adhere to. Wouldn't most people be able to meet the regulations? Which requirements would people have a really hard time complying to?
That was kinda why I asked the original question. I have worked on a Grade A dairy and the USDA guys were always very reasonable and easy to get along with, They never went out of their way to cause you misery. I could probably solve this with one quick phone call but my fear is that there is a special "pet" inspector and you never know how they lean politically. If the inspectors are the same guys who inspect farms/dairys I wouldn't be at all worried but if you have some yuppie doing random farm inspections that could turn into a nightmare.

I guess the fear of the inspections might be that the individual inspectors would have a great deal of power and could "get ya" if they wanted to. But most things on that USDA list of regulations sounded like the bare minimum of what people should be doing if they want their rabbits to be reasonably healthy like: sanitizing water bottles every two weeks, and disposing of waste, temperature control, lighting, ventilation etc... if people have hundreds of rabbits they should have a set up that meets those basic requirements anyway.

Back