Things only rabbit people would understand!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skysthelimit":2q0atzhh said:
I haven't sexed them yet.

A lot of people don't understand that it takes a while to get a confirmation on gender with a rabbit. One of my students asked me how to I tell whether they are girls or boys. "I looked, the same way you tell with people." I said.
"Eeeewwww!"
"Well, someone had to look at you at some point too."
:rotfl:

:lol: I think this one gets all of us! People have yet to get used to me saying that; and usually I try to avoid such "talk" for the city dwellers. :)

skysthelimit":jgvsconm said:
I haven't sexed them yet.

A lot of people don't understand that it takes a while to get a confirmation on gender with a rabbit. One of my students asked me how to I tell whether they are girls or boys. "I looked, the same way you tell with people." I said.
"Eeeewwww!"
"Well, someone had to look at you at some point too."

lol, my dad, who is wanting to get into raising rabbits asked how I knew if they were male of female so I happily showed this rough and tough, country grown burly old man how to do it. The one and only thing I heard from him was, "Oh...ewww..." after which he proceeded to turn and walk away without another word. :lol:

"My poor little buns are ice cold! Darrell quick, let me warm them up in your armpits!!"

That buck is the master at the ol' "grunt n flop"

"If you want to break the ice give our buns a good cheek scratch!"

With a Flemish, size does matter!

For Astrex breeders: "this kit is going to be a good one...it's going bald."

Last summer after cleaning some pens i went down town shopping... with a couple flemish rabbit TURDS stuck in my hair ends! I have long blonde hair and I didnt relise i was sporting poop locks till i got home. I also raise goats (who's poops look much the same), so i was first embarrassed and then confused as to who i was beading my hair with. :groooan:

Hah! That's too funny, JDWest!

I always have hay in my hair, sometimes the clerks will tell me. I don't mind one bit, though. =D

Sometimes I talk to 'myself', the chickens and rabbits listen to me, I swear!
And one day a cage was in a weird spot while I was moving things around, I kept running into it.
'I've got to stop banging that doe!' Then I realized it sounded a bit dirty, laughed and added 'that's the buck's job!' to the birds following me. They didn't laugh, but that's ok, I wouldn't want them to suddenly start speaking English and tattle on me about how much a swear when I'm out there with them....

ChickiesnBunnies":1hyh2nwq said:
Sometimes I talk to 'myself', the chickens and rabbits listen to me, I swear!
And one day a cage was in a weird spot while I was moving things around, I kept running into it.
'I've got to stop banging that doe!' Then I realized it sounded a bit dirty, laughed and added 'that's the buck's job!' to the birds following me. They didn't laugh, but that's ok, I wouldn't want them to suddenly start speaking English and tattle on me about how much a swear when I'm out there with them....

:lol: sounds like me! i cant count how many times i tell my one milk goat that if she stomps her foot one more time i'm gonna make her into a gymnast goat and make her swallow her own leg! cause she stomps when she gets antsy on the milk stand.

You should see the reaction when I tell people I ran over one of my rabbits and turned her into dog food. Clover is dead, now her body can help another animal :)

How many dingleberries can one of you guys produce in a day? I mean seriously, are you going for some kind of record?

Hm, I think it's the " ran over one of my rabbits" part they aren't liking!
I've got one free roaming grower, but he gets the bananas out of the way when a car or wheelbarrow comes by.

__________ Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 pm __________

<br /><br />__________ Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 pm __________<br /><br />Found a good one off a FB group!

"Got the leg in the mail today"

I bought a weeping mulberry tree at a nursery recently, and it had a large (non weeping) branch growing low on the trunk. The garden guy offered to trim it off for me and seal the wound... I agreed, but with the stipulation that I wanted the branch to feed to my rabbits.

Poor guy forgot to bring it out to my truck, and I made him go back and get it. :lol: I did walk with him, though. :roll:

Took some of the sayings and made this ♥

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 3,217
SatinsRule":2k02my20 said:
How many dingleberries can one of you guys produce in a day? I mean seriously, are you going for some kind of record?

Lol! I say that to Buster sometimes! She is an English budgie so with more feathers she gets a lot of dingleberries! :lol:

Now none of this involves rabbits since I don't have any yet but it's still similar I guess.
Bird people thing
"Oh my goodness look at that poops!" I say when I am happy with their poops
"Freddie get out of my mouth!!" That happened the other day while I was on the phone with my friend and he was all :shock: my goofball cockatiel tries to stick his head in your mouth sometimes haha and he is VERY persistent about it! :roll:
"Gimme them armpits buster!" Because I kiss her armpits because I always have and she is snooty

Hermit crab people thing
"He's antihumansocial!"
"This is my crabitat!" The common folk say wha?
"It might be PPS"
"He's a surface molter"

I too have walked around before with poops or a feather in my hair. With busters dingleberries you never know where a little poops might land during a flight lol

Latest posts

Back