Lionhead

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessguy

Reaction score
Hi

I wasn't sure about posting this in Rabbit Ramblings or in the Breeds discussions. Here goes:

Is Lionhead an actual breed? The ARBA site doesn't list them as a breed, yet my local kijiji is littered with people getting rid of lionheads. If they are not an official breed, what mix gives the lionhead look?

Cheers,

GG

Yep - its a breed and can be shown although it is not recognized with the ARBA yet.

I don't think you could recreate the look, if you can, i have no idea how?

The think with the lionheads is the double mane, or single mane. The sell like hotcakes as pets!

They have been failing at presentation and the standard was recently changed (again) That is probably why there are so many being dumped now; they no longer meet the "breed" standard.Not sure what happened this year but I think they have to wait to present another couple years or something...

I have been seeing some nice ones recently at our Canadian club shows and think when things get going there will be a couple breeders up here that will kick butt with them :)

Back