breeding/already bred these pairs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
What do you think i will get?

snow and sylvester
IMG_1228.jpg

Picture008.jpg

red and sylvester
Picture007.jpg

bunnies010.jpg

baby and lunch
the doe is actually older and bigger but hasn't changed colors any
IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

The problem is it's impossible to tell you everything you can get from 2 rabbits unless they are a completely recessive color like REW x REW which can only produce REW. However REW crossed with something else could produce anything depending what the REW carries and what color you mix it with. An REW with a black could get you about 20 different colors or several litters of only castor/chestnut agouti. A pedigree can narrow it down some.

Lunch and Baby will produce castors and chins and IF Lunch carries self then blacks as well and IF they carry dilute then the dilute versions of the above. We don't know what Snow carries but she will give all the kits one REW gene. However if you bred her to a solid instead of a broken you would know if Snow carried broken. Red and Sylvestor will make brokens and solids probably in Castor because red is non extension agouti and agouti is always dominant to self. Sylvester may be hiding non extension or the jap gene but can't tell because he has two self genes. Its easier to say what might happen if we know the colours of the parents as well. :)

Yep its only 30 days but I know that can seem an eternity :) I remember having to wait 11 months to see what my baby foal would look like and those last 4 weeks seemed to just drag by! :)

Back