Custom wire mesh for litterbox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cav.

Reaction score
Hello there, I recently went out to get a tupperware at dollarama to make a litterbox for my rabbit. She uses it instead of the silly corner one I got at the pet store. Now my only problem now is, any recommendations on how to make a wire mesh? Shes always standing in the litterbox and her feet get kinda soggy, with nasty brown pee/poo stains! Dont know how she can be comfortable >__>

Can anyone make me one, or maybe give me some ideas? (Im not a very handy person) :(

hmm. for IN the litterbox? You could use one of those wire cooling racks they have for pies/cakes. generally they are 1/2" wire mesh..heavy wire. with "feet" on them. They're also used in the bottom of pans to support roasts.

otherwise..you could put another "laying pad" type thing in the cage for her. I use the top of a storage tub. Works really well. Your rabbit might be having troubles with the wire floor of the cage? and want a spot to lay on.

Latest posts

Back