Found this recipie tonight...who's brave enough to try it!?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooooooooooooooooooow.... it never occurred to me that there was much meat to be had on those heads. I can't believe he didn't eat it!

But then, we make and EAT hogshead cheese down here, so.... :lol:

Eww... when I read this:

Tegan":1087cozp said:
my pooch would be REALLY disappointed that I ate his heads....

I decided not to open the link.

Call me a coward if you want.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me! :tease:

I've wanted to try rabbit heads on spaghetti for Halloween. XD Even if I didn't have the stomach to eat it, at least I'd have a nifty pic? :lol:

Awwww, come on MSD, you know you want to. All the cool people are trying it. (Peer pressure)

I haven't opened it either.

Actually, I thought it sounded delicious. I doubt I'll cook the heads because skinning them would be tedious, but the recipe could be made with other parts of the rabbit such as the rib cages. Although I think it a pity to put the livers in a sauce when they are so delicious on their own.

MaggieJ":144qxwvw said:
Actually, I thought it sounded delicious. I doubt I'll cook the heads because skinning them would be tedious, but the recipe could be made with other parts of the rabbit such as the rib cages. Although I think it a pity to put the livers in a sauce when they are so delicious on their own.
With alil practice they are incredibly easy to skin. I have done quite a bit of skinning from a young age so take that into consideration but I can skin a rabbits head in under a minute easily.

Eek. I'm still at the point where when I process rabbits, as soon as the head comes off it gets wrapped in a paper towel so it will stop looking at me. :x

I'm a little disappointed the chef didn't eat it! I think if I had gotten so far as to cook it, I would have at least tried it, haha.

It looks good, I would eat it. once, twice if I liked it.
I never knew how much meat is on a rabbits head, next time I process I will have to skin one. (head)
I saw a video on you tube showing a guy skin an entire rabbit head and all. I think he was in France.

The process is kind of creepy, :zombiebun: but the end result...? :chef: Looked delicious and I saw no reason why he should not have eaten it. :slap: Big waste if you ask me. Now, if it was served bone on, that is a different story... :sick:

Yeah, during preparation I kept wondering if we were going to see eye sockets and teeth on the plate... That would be a bit much. But, as it was, the meat on the head is no different from the meat from other parts of the rabbit. I liked his choices of vegetables and seasonings too.

With alil practice they are incredibly easy to skin. I have done quite a bit of skinning from a young age so take that into consideration but I can skin a rabbits head in under a minute easily.

Do you have any tips or tricks, or can you explain in a little detail how to do it? I tried tonight on a 1 year old buck and it didnt go well, the mutilated head ended up going to the dog. I would really want to try this recipe, it looks delicious. if nothing else you could just use a different part of the rabbit!

jollysrabbits":1hf1n0r3 said:
Do you have any tips or tricks, or can you explain in a little detail how to do it? I tried tonight on a 1 year old buck and it didnt go well, the mutilated head ended up going to the dog. I would really want to try this recipe, it looks delicious. if nothing else you could just use a different part of the rabbit!
If you do try this recipe, let us know how it goes! I don't that I would want to be the one making it...
But I am curious how it turns out for you :)

Donner was nice enough to send me detailed instructions and a link for a youtube video, I will be trying this recipe in about 2-3 weeks, I will let everybody know how it turned out and hopefully some pictures!

I want to try it but dont think I have the stomach for it. Im not soft or anything else but if you want to call me names just remember that sticks and stones will brake my bones but words will only cause permanent psychological damage

Back