If you could create your OWN breed ...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vienna marked chocolate and lilacs with satin fur and lutino vienna markeds here and there popping up.

Need atleast 10 years for this project i think.. oh god why

Shelbers, that and another one the same color, and one that is a chinchilla color are staying for the breeding program ... they are F2 and I am (im)patiently waiting to see the fiber quality in the adult coats :D

So, it'll take a few more generations, but I may HAVE a new breed. Or I may just have reinvented the wheel (or these 2 girls are sports) but to quote a cartoon . . . they're just sooooo FUZZZZZYYYYYY!!!

__________ Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 am __________

Next I am going to breed the fuzziest of these 2 back to their dad, Hairy, to see what holds true.<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 am __________<br /><br />If they are a new breed, my husband wants to call them Tribbles or Squeeeeees.

Attachments

• Fuzzy new home.jpg
    Fuzzy new home.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Belle.jpg
    Belle.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Hairy Left Side.jpg
    Hairy Left Side.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Spot (2).jpg
    Spot (2).jpg
    381 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Patches.JPG
    Patches.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 1,465
dragonladyleanne could you pm me a pic of your cage setup?

my dream breed would be a mini lop with a dutch pattern!

faiththequeen":2qm6s5ie said:
I love my meatball mini lops, but wouldn't they be awesome with rex fur....
Like this?
3854639_orig.jpg

392354.jpg

(googled)

The swedish name would translate to rex mini lops :) Dvärgvädur rex. But I'm not too familiar with the diffeent breed standards and such.

Rex coated lops are a hype in holland and germany, they are called Rex Widder and are also bred with fuzzy hair called Teddy Widder.

71513539_xl.jpg

Disney":lbyyap23 said:
Rex coated lops are a hype in holland and germany, they are called Rex Widder and are also bred with fuzzy hair called Teddy Widder.

71513539_xl.jpg

they are called astrex lops here

a red d'argent
Someone had one pop up in a litter of red NZ and posted a pic
I was in love!

I'm a little odd I guess...I love foxes (fav animal, rabbit being a close second) so I'd want a rabbit with fox coloring...body that orange shade, legs and ears black with the underside of its chin and belly white...and the tip of its tail white with a lil black nose...with all those marking would probably be impossible though since I'd want it the size and temperament of my Flemish maybe if I started with a darker fawn Flemish >.> trick would be getting the black markings of a cali on the fawn body :/

dragonladyleanne":1ibbhbaq said:
So, it'll take a few more generations, but I may HAVE a new breed. Or I may just have reinvented the wheel (or these 2 girls are sports) but to quote a cartoon . . . they're just sooooo FUZZZZZYYYYYY!!!

__________ Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 am __________

Next I am going to breed the fuzziest of these 2 back to their dad, Hairy, to see what holds true.

__________ Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 am __________

If they are a new breed, my husband wants to call them Tribbles or Squeeeeees.

Well, as it turns out, the prettiest of the 2 fuzzies is a male. He appears to be double-maned, while his sister is single-maned. I read somewhere that there's a "mane" gene, and if they have 2 copies of it, they get the double. So that would mean my mini-rex mama must have some lionhead in her background as well, to have gotten a double mane from Hairy, who is single-maned? What are the best chances of getting more double-maned babies: rebreeding Hairy/Belle, breeding Belle to her son (now named Valentino, for his eyeliner look), or Hairy to his daughter (now named Priscilla, since she's got the elvis look)?

Attachments

• Valentino and Priscilla.jpg
    Valentino and Priscilla.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 2,102
  • Belle.jpg
    Belle.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 2,102
  • Hairy Left Side.jpg
    Hairy Left Side.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 2,102
Bad Habit":361qnpfa said:
:( I'm not seeing any jump out at me as DM, but they might still be a bit young.

That photo contains Valentino and Priscilla, and I can't even figure for certain which 2 they ARE. I think you probably wanted photos of them about 4 days later, and unfortunately, that was when we started fighting rats again, so photo-taking sort of went out the window :( But thanks for trying to help me decide what to do!

I was thinking about this one day, and I thought to myself. I would want an English Lop body/ears, medium sized rabbit with a rex coat.. and then I stumbled onto a page of Velveteen Lops!
Too bad every breeder I have contacted never replies to me. /: They are my dream.
I would settle for any lop-type with rex fur. The Plush Lops are dolls, can't get a hold of any of those breeders, either though. Foo. :weep:

Latest posts

Back