Care Sheets for Wool/Fuzzy Rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy2511

Reaction score
Does anyone here, raising wool or fuzzy rabbits, have a care sheet that they give with their bunnies that I could borrow? I have a fuzzy Holland buck that showed up in my most recent litter, but the care sheet that I send with my bunnies does not cover the needs of a fuzzy/woolly bunny. And I want to make sure that the new owner has the proper information!<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm __________<br /><br />Anyone? I have someone coming to pay for him today, and pick him up in a a week or two.

You may have to make up your own care sheet- include info on what grooming tools are necessary (blower/combs/brushes) and frequency of care.

I would also include information about wool block and its prevention. This thread has lots of good info:

wool-block-info-t10564.html

Thank you for that thread!

I realize that I will most likely have to come up with my own sheet, but this is my first experience with a fuzzy rabbit so I want to make sure that I am giving all the correct and helpful information that will be needed.

I have a trio of JW's that haven't been bred yet, but when they are I will need to make up a care sheet as well. :)

Have you tried PM any of our members that raise woolers? It appears that they have missed your thread.

Okay, it looks like I will have to send some PMs then.

It was a surprise to find this fuzzy in the litter, and since I am not planning to work with any wool breeds, I thought it would be easier to borrow someone else's care sheet then go through the process of making up a sheet of my own for only one bunny.

Yep, anyone is free to use my care sheet or pick-n-choose what they like to create their own care sheet. Of course my care sheet is just what has worked for me so it may not be what someone else agrees with. But it may be a good starting point.

http://fmicrofarm.com/angora-care-sheet/
http://fmicrofarm.com/rabbit-supply-list/

I may need to change my own since I switched over to feeding fodder instead of commercial pellets about a month ago... maybe I'll make a feeding fodder sheet of its own....

Okay, thank you for that! I think that I will be able to use a lot of that information along with my regular care sheet to cover most of this bunny's special needs. :)

And I would love to see your fodder sheets, Sarah, if you decide to make them! My dad is planning to switch our horses and cows over to fodder this summer, so I'm starting to consider the pros and cons of switching the rabbits over as well.

Latest posts

Back