Butterfly

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohen Rabbitry

Reaction score
I have a broken black doe that I want to show, however I have a couple of questions. She doesn't have a 'butterfly' on her nose. Is this ok? It is like have half black and half white. Also, on both of her ears she has a thin white stip going down her black ears. Is that ok? When a broken is born what do I need to look for and make sure they have or don't have? I know they have to be 50% color. Thanks!

Rachel

As long as there is colour on the whisker bed it can be shown. Same with the ears, they don't have to be solid but there has to be some colour on them. The only thing a broken can't have colour on is the feet.

Ok, here is a picture of her, maybe this will help. I have been told that she may be DQ'ed, what do you think? I am planning on taking her to my first show on Nov. 20th, so I don't want to look stupid and take her and she be DQ'ed.
Teme10-27-10Front.jpg

Thanks
Rachel

Just checked the SOP. Sure enough, a half butterfly is a fault, not a DQ. I'd show it and never feel the first bit embarassed about doing so.

Latest posts

Back