I do so enjoy it when.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
New mommas do everything right.

Two does kindled yesterday.

One experienced doe gave birth to four, one was very tiny and didn't survive the night.

the other a brand new and younger than what I usually breed but she's prone to be chubby so I thought breeding earlier better than breeding later.... anyways, she gave me a whopping seven kits (she's a holland lop). She's a good middle range size doe. I fostered two to the mini rex since I know she'll raise five quite nicely and I like even litters if I can get them. I go in, check the kits, and turn around after giving hay to see her in the box quite contentedly feeding her kits.

OH... and my nasty doe from last kindling has some 10 day old kits and she's NOT being nasty. Very cautious, and very nervy in her actions BUT not nasty. I'm not fearful of my hands this time around. :) VERY very pleased with that. She's raising two fosters for another first time momma who is doing a stellar job with her kits as well. Makes me very very glad that I didn't cull her out as she raises really nice kits.

all in all, I'm very pleased with my rabbits right now. :) (well...except that blue buck from that doe... that the lad really really likes...but we'll give him a couple months yet to figure out what we'll do with him....)

Latest posts

Back