Vulva Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlt

Reaction score
OK, many people have told me that the doe will be more receptive when her vulva is a deeper red etc.

What color is a pregnant doe's vulva? Any distinction there?

XLT :?: :?: :?:

Nothing is deffinate when it comes to the color. My doe who just delivered was was pale and not swollen ect. when she was bred. (Timing was good for me so I tried it)

Thanks Leanne,

I guess I am asking more what it looks like AFTER... like during her pregnancy...(if there's any difference) rather than what it looks like when she was bred.

XLT

I have wondered this, myself. I have noticed pale, but can be pink, too. My Spooky missed, and my first hint was that her vulva was more swollen and red than I have ever seen.

that would make sense to me, i.e.- if receptive does is supposed to be darker pink or purple even, then pregnant would be much lighter... of course they turn that color sometimes too, but not for 30 days at a time... just wondering.

more input welcome!

If you are having trouble getting your rabbits bred,
check that they have all their tools, are not suffering any illness,
have proper nutrition and have not become temporarily or permanently sterile.
If all is in order, Take the Doe to the Buck for up to four days in a row.
Within that time frame she will be bred. There are only
four days in a month that a rabbit will not be fertile.
DO NOT just leave the Doe with the Buck, watch the whole proceeding.
Should take all of five minutes or less. You want to know when and if the Doe was bred.
Leaving them together unattended leaves to much uncertainty about if and when
to place a nestbox with the Doe. This is what I do. This is just a suggestion.
to each their own
Ottersatin

Is there a reason a doe won't be fertile for four days? I'm curious since I have never read this, and am relativly new to bunnies. thanks

Latest posts

Back