my palominos pedigree *fixed breed formatting*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
annies amy
sire: golden thumber Dam: ccl43
g.sire kings kp13 G.dam (SAME FOR BOTH)
GG.SIRE KINGS KPG01 gg.dam kings kp100 (g.sire line)
gg.sire morrisons ace gg.dam vgot's one to see (g dam line)

ok that is my palominos pedigree even for someone like me with no knowledge of pedigrees wouldn't they be crazy to breed her to her brother? I am thinking that is why she lost so many kits.

Also anyone know anything about her? would it be worth it to show and breed her? or should i just use her for meat? Also all have golden after thier name on this paper and some have reg numbers some dont so what am i looking at here?

To be honest, the way you have it formatted makes it impossible to tell when one rabbit name ends and the next one begins.

In general, it's not "bad" or "crazy" to breed full siblings unless it's been done repeatedly for a number of generations. However, unless I had an extremely rare breed and had no other feasible options, I would not knowingly breed full siblings.

When breeding full siblings you will see
all of the qualities that are carried within,
the good and the bad! You can sometimes achieve
for lack of a better name, a "Super Rabbit"!
On that for some reason gets all of the best qualities,
and none of the of the inferior genes.
Of course such breeding's will show all of the inferior
genetics which may lie within.
Often these breeding's are used as test breeding's to determine
what is lacking and needs improvement.
One never knows what lies within.
I once breed two siblings due to not paying attention.
One was a Black and the other a Chocolate.
The breeding did produce a very nice Black Buck which I kept for a long while.
Though I do not think everyone should do it nor do I do it but,
there is a time for everything and for everything a time.
Ottersatin.

Personally, I see no reason to worry about a brother/sister mating in rabbits. If one continued it for generations, there might be problems... but one such breeding is no big deal unless there are substantial defects. Such a mating could have been an effort to fix a certain desirable characteristic in the line. If you are still worried, just make sure you breed her to unrelated or distantly related stock and all should be well.

ok i know there are a few breeders around boise and up north i was going to try to find a non related buck. now is she show worthy? i am posting pics in another thread

Latest posts

Back