Well I finally got him

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
i took my supposed to be a buck actually a doe back for a buck and this time i double checked!!!! it is definatly a boy. they said 3-4 months old so i am thinking i need to wait another 3-4 months to start breeding him to my does right? my twins are aprox 8 weeks old when can i start breeding them?

If they are a big breed, I would wait until they are 8 months. If a small breed, 6 months. Although rabbits CAN breed eariler, depending on the individual.

I don't think age is quite as critical for the buck as for the does. He may be ready and willing at 6 months and if so, it's not going to stunt his growth or undermine his health to breed then. The important thing to remember is that a very young buck may be easily intimidated by a dominant doe... and that can affect his performance with other does. In other words, try to ensure that his first experiences are good ones. :)

lol ok i will make sure to put him with an easy doe the first few times. hmmmm i swear sometimes figuring this all out makes me feel like a bunny pimp!!!! LMBO

Back