should I sell???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
I have a litter of Flemish iam selling right now and was contacted by a gal who wants to buy a flemish and a rex from me and said she is learning a lot about rabbits, asked about fixing if 2 rabbits can bond and if my rabbits are fine around barking dogs.she has a friend who works for the world rabbit foundation, I googled it and its a rescue foundation, I don't know if I should risk selling to her,any thoughts? She was upfront about it so I don't think she trying to "infiltrate" my rabbitry. Iam just a little un easy.

I would ask her more questions... see what purpose she wants the rabbit for that she wouldn't just adopt from her friends rescue. Ask her what she plans to feed, cages...etc. Engage her in conversation and if anything seems a little off, just make an excuse not to sell to her based off her answers.

Hello jollysrabbits,
A suggestion: If you decide to sell to this person
I would meet in a location a distance from your Rabbitry.
Just to be on the safe side.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ditto on the meeting away from your rabbitry and if you need to talk on the phone, use your cell number. (if you have one)

I find that if you carefully engage rescue people in conversation you can often teach them a lot as many have good intentions but not a lot of know how.

I googled "World Rabbit Foundation" and got nothing, but there is a "World Bunny Foundation" out of LA whose Facebook page says "Do NOT purchase these animals!". If this is the group she's affiliated with, I would be more than a little wary of her looking to purchase.<br /><br />__________ Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 am __________<br /><br />https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bunny-Wo ... 9407504490

ditto to that! Be very very careful with that bunny world people...they are very fervent in their ideals and not willing to engage in conversation.

yes, world bunny foundation is what I meant to type. They go after a lot of people in LA. But what keeps ticklin my thinkin muscle is why would she buy from me, when her friend works for an adoption group. She said her friend told her to ask about parasites and if the buns were fixed. I guess if I do sell I will meet her somewhere else for sure.

jollysrabbits":yj6x2g6d said:
But what keeps ticklin my thinkin muscle is why would she buy from me, when her friend works for an adoption group.
Depending on the group, adoption can be more expensive than purchase. That said, I sincerely doubt that she's being entirely honest about her opinions. I would simply refuse to sell to her if I were in that same position.

jollysrabbits":1q2r9nh3 said:
I guess if I do sell I will meet her somewhere else for sure.
Definitely. It seems fishy, but if for some weird reason she really, genuinely wants to buy a rabbit from you, I'd definitely not give her anything (including landline #) that would lead to your home.

She might want to buy them because she knows they are the specific breeds she wants. She might feel that she is saving them from a potentially poor life with someone who doesn't know much about rabbits.

That being said, this makes me very nervous. Please be very careful.

there seems to be a lot of red flags popping up, I would stay clear from her.
She may not have any intentions of causing any problems, but the group her friend is involved
with, will cause problems.
This sounds like trouble in the making. save your self some heart ache.

DonnerSurvivor":1h2tedca said:
Just curious because I honestly dont know but what can a group like this do to you?

THAT particular group-- is largely responsible for a lot of anti-agricultural legislation being passed in S Cal!!( I live on Ohio and know more than I want to about that group) They [pushed for arrest of anyone selling an animal in a public place- requireing, basically, for you to invite your buyers into your home. They have even attacked, on line, a well respected source of rabbit information, called that person a 'mill' and tried to totally ruin the person's reputation-- didn't work-- cuz pictures were recognized---

Stay totally clear of anyone associated with THAT group--

I will echo everyone else's words of caution, and encourage you to follow your gut. If you're getting an uneasy feeling, there is probably a reason.

My question is, does your uneasy feeling only come from this person's association with the aforementioned group? Did she volunteer that she was friends with someone from that organization, or did you find out some other way? Do you feel your animals would be safe they went home with her?

Other than the diet that bwf recommends... the rabbit would most likely have a decent life...However.... it would probably also wind up being a poster-child (errr rabbit) of how they had to Save the poor rabbit from the horrible mean ole "Breeder" person. ( jmo. ymmv of course)

Latest posts

Back