Meals On Wheels----Rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-Man

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was asked to post some pictures of my new rabbitry that some of you have seen on another Forum. I Call it Meals-On-Wheels. Its 20 holes. To give you some history--I started raising meat rabbits about a year ago. I am raising them for personal consumption and selling a few. I am not a big raiser, I have 3 bucks and 7 does so its easy to have 50+ rabbits at times. My wife reminds me almost daily that when I build something to keep in mind that I might get OLD oneday so make it where its easy to use. I had a nice temporary rabbitry setup with about 20 holes and I had it where the urine would go into drains and under ground to a septic system out back. I have always caught the rabbit poop on window screens and I would collect it and carry it to my worm beds or save it for garden season. What made this a temporary set-up is I had it under a temporary tarp top. I did not know if I would continue raising meat rabbits or not. If I did I would just build a top over my setup. After a year I enjoyed the rabbit raising but I Hated the time it takes to rince out the drains, scrub the angled urine shields etc. It was alot of work. I needed to build a permanant place for the rabbits and I wanted something simple to keep clean and not have any or very little urine smell, So I built this Trailer on a 30ft camper trailer frame. When the rabbits pee it goes to the dirt, If it starts smelling a little like urine I just move the trailer to another spot which takes about 5 minutes. I spray a little mixed bleach water in a pump-up sprayer on the shields under the cage's etc and rince it with the water hose. Very simple. I still collect the poop on screens for the worm beds. I wanted this trailer where I could keep it in the shade of trees in the summer and out in the sun in the winter. I am going to try posting my first picture on this forum.
Rabbit3005_zps619d3095.jpg

Rabbit3015_zpsb92efae5.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm __________<br /><br />A Few more pictures

Rabbit3013_zps9d5c2e7e.jpg

Rabbit3011_zps8c5b9330.jpg

Rabbit3010_zps417bc8ea.jpg

That has got to be the coolest set up EVER! :p

I love it. My kids said that if it is road worthy it would be great to take the rabbits to a show with it!

MamaSheepdog":1wspq6gi said:
That has got to be the coolest set up EVER! :p

I love it. My kids said that if it is road worthy it would be great to take the rabbits to a show with it!

Opps, I forgot to say its 12ft wide counting over hang and 32ft long less tounge. It can be pulled down the road as long as you Do Not Get Caught--LOL.

Here is what I started with after I tore the old camper off the frame.

RabbitTrailer001_zps1e067376.jpg

Then I did all treated flor joices.

RabbitTrailer004_zps5afaeec2.jpg

Treated studs and the rest of the material came from my sawmill.

RabbitTrailer005_zpsf25dc6bc.jpg

Loved it on the other forum and still love it. Such a cool way of raising them.

I would think you could get that licensed for the road, if you seriously felt the need. That thing certainly does look nice and sturdy and NEAT. Bet you could sell them if you made more, Fire-man, or at least plans for them.

Thanks Everyone for Your Kind Words!! It has been a pleasure using it this last month. The rabbits even seem happier---LOL.

DragonLady, If anyone wanted to build one I would offer any Info/help I could.

I do not want to put it on the hwy, just move it around the farm when needed. If I take it to the garden area I will remove the screens and let them drop that Bunny fertilizer straight into the garden.

I LOVE IT!!!!!! That would work for me, seeing that I am always worried about what I am going to do when I finally move. I could just drive them to a new spot.

And MSD, I was thinking the same thing about rabbit shows. All you need now is a cot for those bunny emergencies and a place to put a coffee maker.

skysthelimit":1m8jwr8k said:
And MSD, I was thinking the same thing about rabbit shows. All you need now is a cot for those bunny emergencies and a place to put a coffee maker.

I've seen some pretty fancy horse trailers with living quarters! Why not bunny trailers? :p

THIS IS AMAZING!

Boy I wish I could build! :D (Maybe it's time to give building another try. This set up is inspiring!)

I love the idea of a bunny show trailer too. We'd love to show at the State fair, but it is too far away for us to compete...unless maybe we had a bunny trailer to live out of for the week :D

ladysown":kr3m22j5 said:
that is VERY cool. May I copy and save one of your pictures and post it on my website???
Sure, That will be fine. I would like to visit your website. Is that the link to it in your post?

Oxygen and Magnesium!! (Periodic OMG) lol that is honestly the most amazing set up I have ever seen! I thought about getting an office trailer for my birds once and setting it up like an aviary and stuff (untill my boyfriend said stop thinking ill just get a 2nd job and we will move out.. Lol but that is very inspirational! I want one! (Just maybe a little smaller) my bf says I could have my rabbits as long as they were outside so maybe he can make me one ^_^ thanks for posting!

How does the pee go strait to the dirt?

Back