Rolling...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWolf

Reaction score
Is it normal for rabbits to roll? One of my rabbits plops over on her side, stretches out (sometimes onto her back), and sometimes rolls completely over. I haven't noticed anything else unusual... but I've never heard of rabbits doing that before.

I've had rabbits that did that down a slight slope. They are really happy and relaxed to that.

My NZ buck shoulder rubs into the ground exactly like a dog does with something they like the smell of. Of course I never have a camera around when he does it.

I had the 7wk. old kits inside the other day, I noticed a few of them doing that...it made me extra watchful b/c I hadn't seen rabbits do that before either. Good to hear it's normal.

My one doe (who is now running wild in my yard, grrr can't catch her!) had a habit of sleeping in the classic dead rabbit pose...legs out, FLAT on her side, head back, mouth open...first time I saw that I fell down the stairs (I used to keep them in my basement before I moved) and the sound of me crashing to the ground scared her awake! After that I caught her sleeping like that many times. Silly rabbit!!!

Latest posts

Back